Hager accessories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a little post about my observations from trying the range for the first time, at a glance they look like MK stuff from the back. The switching seems imo of a better quality though. Nice size terminals on accessories. Neutral terminal on the face place seems a good idea but you do find yourself bringing more cable out of the back box to wire the switch (obviously) so i'm undecided wether this is a help or a hindrance as I am used to dressing neutrals into the back box and terminated with a connector block. I think my main dislike about them is the hager logo embossed on the front.

Any one else using this range have any different veiws?

Sponsored Links
i have no opinion on this but theres nothing worse than having 0 replies to a question, thought id help you out ;)

:LOL:

I prefered the ashley stuff before they became hager, and before they started copying MK with the terminal layout... The stuff with blue mouldings on the back. The terminals felt better on those than they do on the newer stuff IMHO

...The light switches did seem pront to failure though

First job I used the hager switchs with N connection on... I'd looped at the fittings anyway :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yeah I liked the Ashley, when they had a more flexi plate and when they had PZ2 screws on socket terminals, sadly I couldn't get any. Hager arn't doing a 20A DP switch or switched fused spur with a bottom flex exit though so I will have to use MK or something similarly roundish. Not ideal as I hate the screw that holds the fuse holder in place on the MK range.

Epic thread recovery, but we have just used it throughout our re-wire project and are very happy with it.

White moulded throughout, bar the sitting room which is the polished brass, electrician seemed happy enough with it, other than lead-time issues on the brass at his local outlet which we ended up mail ordering from directtradesupplies.

The depression in the middle of the switches is slightly funny, and to get twin intermediate switch you have to use the grid switches, but otherwise no issues at all. Look smart and have a crisp action to them.
Used the euro plate, with modals (actually rebranded Triax) for speaker and network outlets, and for the inlet got MSGCustomAudioLtd to machine a double blanking plate to make a custom 12way speaker plate.

Daniel

Yeah I liked the Ashley, when they had a more flexi plate and when they had PZ2 screws on socket terminals, sadly I couldn't get any. Hager arn't doing a 20A DP switch or switched fused spur with a bottom flex exit though so I will have to use MK or something similarly roundish. Not ideal as I hate the screw that holds the fuse holder in place on the MK range.

have a look at the scolmore click range from toolstation(and others)

https://www.toolstation.com/click-mode-13a-fused-spur/p18434

https://www.toolstation.com/click-mode-20a-dp-switch/p17782

Brass! That’s as retro as your thread ressurection!
Aye, but it looks right with the oak paneling..... ...and positively modern compared to what it's replacing.

Daniel

Attachments

• 20190711_221240.jpg
    20190711_221240.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20190711_221321.jpg
    20190711_221321.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 66

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back