Hager WeatherProof CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me why the Hager weatherproof range of CU's never come with a busbar?

I am about to wire a new shed and just noticed it was missing when inspecting the box.

How come your insulated Hager range that you install in a house comes with a busbar and the neutral cable fitted to its block?

Now I have to order a busbar and somehow get hold of a protection cover for the busbar.

Seems a bit strange.

Sponsored Links
because they're used alot more on in europe then over here. There's no point supplying a single pole busbar because often they need a 2p or 3p busbar instead

Sponsored Links
Those boxes can also be used for many other devices which might not require a busbar at all.

Because it isn't a consumer unit. It's simply an IP rated enclosure with a DIN rail in it.

You could be using it for housing contactors and time switches and all sorts of other exciting DIN rail accesories.

If you want to use it as a CU then you need to buy a main switch, MCBs and a busbar.

whathesaidsmiley.gif

Darkness - look at the photo on p 1.18 - you'll see the busbar and incomer.

You didn't buy a consumer unit.

What's the front cover like?

I used something very similar, albeit Legrand instead of Hager:

Those piccys I promised:

Enclosure with tranny & relay:

RelayLighting.jpg

MK PTM switch:

PTMSwitch.jpg

Flying bell push:

PearPush.jpg

You can see that my enclosure did not need a main switch, but rest-assured you can get all the bits and pieces to do what you want.

In fact, I think they're listed in the pdf catalogue Ban posted a link to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back