Climate change questions

Thought people might find this interesting. Energy flow chart for the UK:
upload_2021-11-4_11-39-20.png

Sponsored Links
Do you have anything (such as a mobile phone) that is powered by lithium type batteries ?

And on waking up to this fact are you going to bin them all off today to stop becoming the hypocrite that you keep calling everyone else.
Jeez!
Why do we have to explain the obvious?
It's like having a conversation with a child.

CHOICE!

Ever heard this word?
It means that if I can buy something which is not produced by enslaving my fellow humans, I do.
Sometimes we don't have a choice.
Look at anything made of plastic.
It's all made in china by people paid peanuts, basically slaves.
I try to find alternatives and 90% of the times I do and these alternatives last a lot longer.
Toys for example.
I buy wooden ones, made in uk or Europe.
Sometimes I see them and build them myself with scrap wood, sourced from old furniture and building sites leftovers.
But there are things that you can't avoid, mobile phones for example.
However, I have a choice regarding cars and I will not be buying a blood stained plastic box until I'm forced to.
Do you think I enjoy paying over the top for petrol and diesel, road tax, congestion charge, ulez and parking???
(For those out of london, if you park a "non green car", you pay double)

Jeez!

CHOICE!

Ever heard this word?
It means that if I can buy something which is not produced by enslaving my fellow humans, I do.
I try to find alternatives and 90% of the times I do and these alternatives last a lot longer.
Toys for example.
Sometimes I see them and build them myself with scrap wood, sourced from old furniture and building sites leftovers.
However, I have a choice regarding cars and I will not be buying a blood stained plastic box until I'm forced to.
Do you think I enjoy paying over the top for petrol and diesel, road tax, congestion charge, ulez and parking???
You couldn't make this up ....
you live in a major city and continue to drive an old performance car, you are knowing damaging other peoples respiratory health, then you make out that you care deeply for other humans! - and then to cap it all off you can't stand hypocrites -LOL

Jeez!

CHOICE!

Ever heard this word?
Toys for example.
So, as long as the car wasn't made in China and is using no cobalt, or cobalt from outside of the Congo, you're fine with it, unless of course it uses plastic rather than wood.

Sponsored Links
Jeez!

CHOICE!

Ever heard this word?
Toys for example.
Given your low mileage use of your car, and you live in London, have you considered a car share scheme?
Interesting film of it in Amsterdam:

We don't have such luxeries here in Hull.

But the cobalt issue is fast becoming less relevant. Lithium largely comes from Australie/South America, rather than Africa. However, oil comes from a variety countries, with varying degrees of human rights issues. The difference is that when one fills up the tank, it only goes a few hundred miles, whereas the litheum will take your car considerably further.

58936-Source-UK-crude-of-imports-DSS09.png

Mining/extraction companies worldwide have huge human rights issues, but it would be a mistake to assume that using an ICE car is more ethical an EV.

An ICE car of today can be put through a frag recycling plant & just about the only thing sent to landfill is the seat foam. Some of you should try researching the economics of frag plant recycling & what they're economically capable of.

When you've got your head around that, try researching the economics & the practicalities of recycling EV's.

(The race is not only a race to discover/develope a battery to store a practical amount of energy for EV's, the race includes making the whole lifecycle footprint acceptable to the real world people who really care about the environment).

Stop reading/watching/listening to your MSM's, they are LIEING to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given your low mileage use of your car, and you live in London, have you considered a car share scheme?

On the odd occassion I've experienced commuting & having colleagues living nearby or en-route, I have often enjoyed the car share option &/or the paying for the petrol. This has always been an informal agreement based upon mutual convenience & loose ties of friendship.

I have very fond memories of the Y2K team I assembled, the hours we worked & the journeys we shared.

I have NEVER come across an organised scheme that worked, yet I've seen it tried numerous times. IME it is always raised by what the rest of us call "virtue signallers" & seldom lasts for much longer than it takes the ink to dry on their self publicising flyers . . . !

Having enjoyed varying amounts of disposable income at various times of my life, I have been & still am, involved in part share ownerships of various types of aircraft, several classic motorcycles / cars, 100's of acres of woodland, a 'biscuit tin' cottage & even a yacht.

Does an 8th share in a 40' motor boat class me as caring for the marine environment?

My van was made in China the same company build thousands of VW s every year and own MG

Dare say many are now pleased that thatcher had the fore sight to get rid of the dirty coal industry in the UK :sneaky::sneaky::idea:

London is not just the west end.
Plaistow is London, morden, cockfosters, uxbridge, southall and more or less anything inside the M25.
The M25 includes parts of Kent, Surrey, Essex, Hertfordshire. They're not in London.

Don't get me started on greta.
That's pure child abuse from her parents.
She's 18 and continues to do what she enjoys. A very intelligent and forthright individual. Perhaps you think your children should have your opinion and not theirs. You'll be telling us next you are an anti vaxxer.

Sponsored Links
Back