Climate change questions

She did entertain us all though, when Trump walked into the UN shindig she was at and he didn't even look at her. Right at the start... She looks all bushy tailed to see him... Note the Heavy to stop her rushing forward... . She's off screen to the right but reappears (pink) as the shot widens, showing him walking in the other direction.
#pricelessexpression.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zmXOPrCr_F4"

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
She did entertain us all though, when Trump walked into the UN shindig she was at and he didn't even look at her. Right at the start... She looks all bushy tailed to see him... Note the Heavy to stop her rushing forward... . She's off screen to the right but reappears (pink) as the shot widens, showing him walking in the other direction.
#pricelessexpression.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zmXOPrCr_F4"
The face :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Did her puppeteer really think Trump was going to talk to her???

And here lies the big problem, a thread on climate change taken over by a bunch of half wits that can only focus on being mean about a teenager.

And here lies the big problem, a thread on climate change taken over by a bunch of half wits that can only focus on being mean about a teenager.
Didn't you take over the thread praising electric boxes built with blood of your own species?

Sponsored Links
Didn't you take over the thread praising electric boxes built with blood of your own species?
But do bear in mind, Between 28,000 and 36,000 deaths a year to uk citizens are attributed to long-term exposure to air pollution caused by the internal combustion engine. Are you happier poisoning your friends and neighbours.

They find it easier than saying anything sensible.

But do bear in mind, Between 28,000 and 36,000 deaths a year to uk citizens are attributed to long-term exposure to air pollution caused by the internal combustion engine. Are you happier poisoning your friends and neighbours.
No, not at all.
That's why I use the car mainly for essential journeys.
If I can walk or cycle I do so.
I never clocked more than 5000 miles/year in the past 10 years.
But I much prefer to drive an ice care knowing that to build it, no villages have been raided, people kidnapped and enslaved to extract lithium and cobalt.
Also, I run my cars to the ground and keep them for 20+ years.
That offsets the environmental impact against the plastic blood stained boxes by a gigantic margin.
Then of course if you want to check how much you're polluting by sticking a probe in the exhaust, you shouldn't be talking at all.

No, not at all.
But I much prefer to drive an ice care knowing that to build it, no villages have been raided, people kidnapped and enslaved to extract lithium and cobalt.
That offsets the environmental impact against the plastic blood stained boxes by a gigantic margin.
Then of course if you want to check how much you're polluting by sticking a probe in the exhaust, you shouldn't be talking at all.
Actually no, EVs are better after something like 40,000 miles. Beyond that ICEs are more polluting.

As for Cobalt, the cheaper end of EVs are moving to zero Cobalt now, more expensive ones still use it but less.

Actually no, EVs are better after something like 40,000 miles. Beyond that ICEs are more polluting.

As for Cobalt, the cheaper end of EVs are moving to zero Cobalt now, more expensive ones still use it but less.
As you always ask for "EVIDENCE", where are yours now???
Lithium and cobalt mines are the places where slaves work and die.
People, not animals.
People like you, mothers, children, fathers, brothers, sisters, who are enslaved and forced to die in these poisonous mines so you can feel important whilst driving your electric box.

As you always ask for "EVIDENCE", where are yours now???
Lithium and cobalt mines are the places where slaves work and die.
People, not animals.
People like you, mothers, children, fathers, brothers, sisters, who are enslaved and forced to die in these poisonous mines so you can feel important whilst driving your electric box.
Lithium is mostly mined in Australia. Followed by Chile in a second and China in third.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/features/top-lithium-producing-countries/

How many Australians are being enslaved again?

You really have no clue what you're talking about.

I could find you a link for the 40,000 miles thing, but I doubt you'd read it. You've made your mind up

I would suspect the payback time for replacing the super high performance cars Johnny drives with an EV would probably be less the 5000 miles.

And yes, mining cobalt and lithium will at some point end as these batteries are ultimately recyclable, it is just a question of scale to when recycling becomes cheaper than mining.

As usual, total boll@x from you.
Go wash your hands, they're blood stained.
Do you have anything (such as a mobile phone) that is powered by lithium type batteries ?

And on waking up to this fact are you going to bin them all off today to stop becoming the hypocrite that you keep calling everyone else.

No, not at all.
Me too.
Me too.
It might be better if you were honest , and say you prefer ICE cars. See below.
Interesting. I recently considered changing mine, after a large bill, but decided to keep it for now. Might be worth a new thread of when to change a car, as its quite a subjective issue.
That said, if your cars are 20+ years old, they would lose a few horses of power (if that's important to you).
No.

Cobalt is used in :
"Cobalt is also used to make airbags in automobiles; catalysts for the petroleum and chemical industries; cemented carbides (also called hardmetals) and diamond tools; corrosion- and wear-resistant alloys; drying agents for paints, varnishes, and inks; dyes and pigments; ground coats for porcelain enamels; high-speed steels; magnetic recording media; magnets; and steel-belted radial tires."

So your car will likely contain cobalt, as well as a whole host of materials, as modern cars contain all sorts of computers etc.

Then there's the impact of oil, not just from those greenhouse gases, but the human rights issues when its extracted in less regulated countries, the local impact of air pollution, and the noise pollution locally.

Lithium by comparison is no worse in the big scheme of things, but in terms of climate change (and local impacts), is a huge improvement.

Sponsored Links
Back