Climate change questions

Sponsored Links
Jocular it may be 9and I did get it) . But mathematically backwards
If it was jocular it was never intended to be mathematically correct.
It merely illustrated how the Amazonian rainforest is shrinking. Therefore it would not allow the UK (or whatever was the territory used) to fit in quite as many times.
Coastal erosion is on a slower timescale so it would not keep up with the shrinking forest.

Global warming is explained as our fault because of Carbon Emissions .

How did the " Ice Age " occur should " Stone Age man" have used MORE Carbon Emitting products to have stopped that era ?
There is a very slow process where the amount of light that falls in the earth increases and decreases. This can cause a feedback loop when increased ice reflects even more heat away from the earth, leading to increased ice etc. etc.

We are mid way through the dimming phase at the moment. It started around 6,000 years ago and I think there's a few more before it reaches the lowest point.

I have, even the cheapest Tesla goes very fast. You try it. The top end one is insanely fast. No mass produced car goes faster off the line.
What's "very fast" in your book?
If you're used to a fiat punto, even my dead grandmother with me on her shoulder would seem "very fast".
I have raced these fools in electric plastic boxes and lost them.
Have you ever driven a powerful car?
I mean, a car that can clock under 6 seconds 0-60mph?
Maybe the formula E boxes might be fast, but production ones?
No, tried and tested.

Sponsored Links
If you're used to a fiat punto, even my dead grandmother with me on her shoulder would seem "very fast".
No, tried and tested.
You mean like any Tesla? The slowest one they make does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

No, tried and tested.
Is that important?

You mean like any Tesla? The slowest one they make does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Read forums online and see.
I have raced a tesla 3 more than once and left it at the lights.
Tesla starts measuring after the car has moved off the line and give you a boll@x figure.
Note the asterisk next to their untrue figures.
Not very accurate, is it?

Like the Tesla Model S Plaid production model, 1,020-bhp, 0-60mph in 1.98 seconds?
That is not a real figure, see above.
And for what it costs, damn right it should be fast.
I can get an equally fast ice car for a tenth of their price.

Like the Tesla Model S Plaid production model, 1,020-bhp, 0-60mph in 1.98 seconds?

My motorcycle is capable of 0-60mph in approx 3secs. I've calmed down a lot with age, but in previous years I've beat a 4.2l V8 Cobra & a 5l supercharged Overfinch off the line & well into 3 figures. Funnily enuff, exotic supercars seldom want to play at the lights . . .

It could do it quicker, but it will either lift the front end or spin the back tyre. This is because there's an area of science called "physics" involved.

I'd like to invite any Tesla owner or even a manufacturer to a Straightliners event, where we have some very accurate measuring equipment that records all sorts of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're so full of ****e :D

Note the "* with rollout subtracted"...
Why would they do this if not for fooling people like you?
As said, I've left these plastic boxes at the light and my friend, the proud owner could not believe it.

Screenshot_20211102-191413_Samsung Internet.jpg

Note the "* with rollout subtracted"...
Why would they do this if not for fooling people like you?
As said, I've left these plastic boxes at the light and my friend, the proud owner could not believe it.

View attachment 249368
So, what car can you buy that does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds for £4,800? I'll accept anything up to 3.3 seconds just to make you happy.

Of course that's not their fastest car by a mile. That's a Model 3 Long range.

So, what car can you buy that does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds for £4,800? I'll accept anything up to 3.3 seconds just to make you happy.

Of course that's not their fastest car by a mile. That's a Model 3 Long range.
Audi RS, BMW Mseries, Mercedes AMG just to name 3 of them.
And... that tesla doesn't cost 48k.
And... not in a million years it will push below the 6 seconds barrier.
I know that because as I said I have raced it in real conditions, not in a lab and my car does 5.8 sec.
Tesla 3 is slower than that by a good margin.

And... those 3 monsters listed above have not been built by enslaving children.

Sponsored Links
Back