Clipped gas pipe and now its leaking.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Doing a bit of sawing to remove some bad gutter down pipe and I accidentally caught the plastic coated copper pipe (BS2871) that runs through the wall from my outdoor propane cylinder.

What can I do about this can I just solder the tear out of the pipe ? liquid dripped so I shut off the gas immediately. This pipe does run through concrete (into the kitchen) and is plastic coated, it was installed prior to us buying the property. Any ideas on the best / safest course of action ?

Many thanks
Niall :)

Sponsored Links
dont even think about soldering it, call the company that supply the gas, they should be able to put you in touch with some one that can repair it properly

Thanks for that, think you're right.

I called up a Corgi registered guy locally and he's gonna come and take a look. Out of interest can these types of things be repaired or do they tend to just replace the pipe ? Just like to know what I should be expecting him to say.

Thanks
Niall

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back