Close coupled toilets with insulated cistern

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to buy a closed coupled toilet with an insulated cistern? I would like to prevent condensation on the cistern in the colder months.

I am aware of suggestions to insulate them yourself with polystyrene, but apparently this only lasts a few years (and probably less if I attempt the job). And I am unable to mix in any hot water.

Sponsored Links
r_c, good evening

As an off the wall suggestion have a look at the link below?

It has obvious drawbacks, but it utilises the existing Cistern, a saving of a few quid???

Ken

get yer granny to knit you a toilet cosy ;)

images

Sort the cause, good ventilation, remove the moist air and it reduce it. You could use a mixing valve and fill it with warm water but that's just a waste of money IMO.

Love the foam insulation - mad genius! But I wouldn't bother with the back wall, I would just seal around the cistern with silicon to exclude damp air. The foam will reduce the flush volume as well, same as the old brick idea.

Sponsored Links
Condensation on the cistern would have been considered a luxury years ago.
The biggest problem was stopping them freezing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back