Closure on questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't it be nice to see more closure on questions when advice has been given. Personally I don't give much advice 'cos (a) someone else has come up with the answer or (b) I don't know! but it's nice to folllow the threads and see what happens.

Obviously, a lot of the stuff on here is repetitive and the answers to most problems are self apparent, but there are loads of threads invoving really interesting stuff that just sort of tapers off, leaving people like me a bit like Tony Hancock in "The Last Page" (if there are any TH fans out there).

Maybe the stickies at the top of the forum should say something like "Please be curteous enough to acknowledge peoples efforts to help you at no cost by posting a closing response to your thread" or something like that.

Just a thought, I'll get my coat shall I?

Sponsored Links
100 % agree.
Its nice to know that your efforts have helped and a little thank you is also welcome. :oops:
I also like to be corrected if wrong as this is a good place to gain knowledge from each other.
I,ve got about 11 yrs part time plumbing experience and am currently in my 2nd yr at Wolverhampton college with my goal being a heating engineer. I have found a lot of useful stuff from this site and am always grateful for replies to my postings.
Perhaps Breezer or mod could insert something in the top of site saying that feedback on advice is always appreciated :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back