Co-op Reductions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I'm banging on about the Co-op, but this one I find odd.

Their reduced prices for short-dated products are tiny. Unless you buy them on the date, then it's reasonable.

Anyone else has reasonable reductions then crazy reductions on the date.

The best bargain I ever had was houmous at Sainsbury's. It was on the date and it was 10p a tub. Let's say the freezer came in handy!

The other thing about my local Co-op store is that they always have heaps of reduced stuff. Why not just reduce their weekly order?

I've worked in retail myself for a few years, but can't understand their policy. Maybe Steve can help out. ;)

Sponsored Links
We used to go to Pizza Hut near closing time to get the ready prepared "fresh" :rolleyes: pizzas at knock down prices.

In ASDA today, 8 Richmond sausages £2.08
Seen a woman pick a pack up. On the shelf directly above a pack of twelve for £2.00!
Dozy cow!
I've also seen them selling McCoys 6 pack crisps for £1.56 or 2 for £1.50

Sponsored Links
In ASDA today, 8 Richmond sausages £2.08
Seen a woman pick a pack up. On the shelf directly above a pack of twelve for £2.00!
Dozy cow!

Some folk choose to buy smaller packs because they don't need more.

My gran used to have only a built-under fridge with a TINY icebox, so could not freeze the extra.

On the buffet, you mean?
Got peperoni's pizzas and some spicey ones uncooked and ready to be put in the oven. This was a few years back, but it did make one wonder how they could claim ~"made to order" when they had presumably been in the fridge for a couple of hours ready, just in case someone ordered one. Maybe the chefs used to knock off early? :confused:

On the buffet, you mean?
Got peperoni's pizzas and some spicey ones uncooked and ready to be put in the oven. This was a few years back, but it did make one wonder how they could claim ~"made to order" when they had presumably been in the fridge for a couple of hours ready, just in case someone ordered one. Maybe the chefs used to knock off early? :confused:

Maybe the 'chefs' used to just knock off what was left at the end of the day. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back