Coach house flat - garage conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help me please? This is something I know nothing about

I own (freehold) a one bedroom coach house in Staffordshire. This means a flat above two garages and an archway. Now I am working from home I need more living space.

I’d like to convert the garage that is next to my front door and the one I have access to (the other garage is leased on a 100 year lease to a nearby property). I wanted to convert the garage into a small bedroom with a small en-suite.

I contacted the local council who sent me links to shed loads of documents but no real steer if I need planning permission. I’m completely confused and at my wits end, not knowing if I need to move or can do something to my existing property.

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

note - converting the garage would mean one parking space.

thanks
Catherine

Attachments

• 4A4763D2-4B19-41F5-BE1D-21D9EB2EC012.jpeg
    4A4763D2-4B19-41F5-BE1D-21D9EB2EC012.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 78
  • A6BFDE53-8BEB-484C-BE24-5ABE0A138014.jpeg
    A6BFDE53-8BEB-484C-BE24-5ABE0A138014.jpeg
    484.9 KB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links
You need planning and building regulation permission, along with any consent from any other freeholder involved and beneficiary of any covenants.

Thanks Woody - thought so after finding similar pages on here - the links the council had sent me
Confused me - it was information overload ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back