cocrete slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all just a quick question i have made some mould fore some small paveing slabs i was going to use a mix of 3 parts sharp sand to one part cement do you think this will be strong enough or does anyone no the proper mix ratio thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
I think the recipe for successful slabs or any concrete products involves using several secret ingredients, certainly not just sharp sand and cement.

The aggregate used seems to be quite small, i.e. 10mm or there abouts. There is also bound to be a chemical admixture plus plenty of mould vibrating to lose the air without settling the aggregate.

No doubt you can cast a slab using something as primitive as a strong concrete mix slopped in a mould, but you must let it cure and mature and don't let it dry too quickly.

However, sharp sand and cement alone will not be strong enough, you must add aggregate.

Sorry - can't be ar$ed to answer such a drivel-loaded question. Oh, I just have.........

Sorry - can't be ar$ed to answer such a drivel-loaded question. Oh, I just have.........

Thought that was the whole point in having a forum, hes asked a genuine question hes unsure about

If you dont want to answer dont leave a drivel loaded comment

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back