Coffee. How do you take yours?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What's yours?

I use an electric filter coffee machine on a morning and after dinner, two small cups at a time, using ready ground. one spoon of brown sugar, with tinned evaporated milk. The coffee and milk from Lidl. Between times I drink instant coffee, made with 50/50 milk water heated in the microwave, or if milk is running low, I use water + Co, ffee Mate and a little milk.

A common complaint about these coffee machines, is that the coffee once sat in the glass jug is a little cool. I sometimes put the poured coffee in the cup, in the microwave to reheat it for 10 seconds.

A common complaint about these coffee machines, is that the coffee once sat in the glass jug is a little cool. I sometimes put the poured coffee in the cup, in the microwave to reheat it for 10 seconds.
With a Lungo size coffee, I normally put some hot water in the cup to warm it before putting the coffee in so that it doesn't suck the heat out of the coffee. I don't bother when making an expresso as I want to drink it quick.

3bc3be02e64d4c1f70fff7f3cbe5b813229ba9a3

was ( is ) the best in my opinion.

Worst I ever tasted was Ersatzkaffee ( substitute coffee from roasted acorns )

I used to love that too, I used to always take it with me, when off camping, in my rucksack when I was younger. I tried it a few years ago and found it horrible.

Does anyone here have a preferred cup to drink their coffee from? I like to drink my espresso from my special espresso cups that I bought in Italy and my lungo's from a cup that I pinched from Sams café in Gare du midi in Brussels ten years ago. Like tea out of a bone China cup, it tastes soooo much better!

The only cups I can drink my coffee machine coffee out of, is some china coffee mugs which were a freeby given away by Shell 30 or 40 years ago. They became a collectors item and quite expensive on Ebay. We began with a full set of six originally, but they gradually got broke and I was down to the last two a couple of years ago. I wasn't inclined to pay the Ebay prices, so for months I scoured the local charity shops and eventually - when I had just one left, found a set of four for £2.

My instant coffee is drunk from retro smoked toughened glass 'unbreakable' mugs.

I think Starbuck's blond roast is better than their usual from their outlets that brew it properly. Costa vary more in that respect and they tried something like the blond roast idea and it was just weak crap.Their kiosks are the worst.

I have only ever had one Starbuck's whilst out - never again. The best bought ready made coffee I have ever had, was that in Leeds Uni refectory, Blue Danube I think. I bought some a few years ago, but could never reproduce the same taste.

One thing I was a bit disappointed with was the restaurants. I was in rural Pas De Calais. Dined in a few bistro type places and found the food wasn't that special. Quite ordinary/plain in one or two places. Though the wine made up for it. :)

I found a little cafe in Calais where they offered an 'English Breakfast', run by a French woman and a Scot serving, who always tried to pretend to be French. The breakfast was out of this world, I would always make a point of dropping in for one when passing through Calais.

Starbucks tend to overroast their beans - they use budget beans and the dark roast helps to cut through milk based drinks.

I think that's maybe what I like about Starbucks coffee. But of course if said coffee is made at wrong temperature by an unskilled barrista then it doesn't matter how good or bad the coffee is its going be crap..

IMG_20220424_120223_HDR.jpg

It needs a good sanding and oiling, but it looks exactly the same.

Used to do a lot of work with a high end kitchen fitter and this was the cut out for a sink with the edges tidied up.

It was made in 1990 and has survived pretty well considering it has been in the dishwasher a fair few times in its life!

View attachment 267877

It needs a good sanding and oiling, but it looks exactly the same.

Used to do a lot of work with a high end kitchen fitter and this was the cut out for a sink with the edges tidied up.

It was made in 1990 and has survived pretty well considering it has been in the dishwasher a fair few times in its life!

Same same. Kitchen fitter made it for me on a job we were doing together...

Sponsored Links
Back