Coffee. How do you take yours?

Sponsored Links
View attachment 267877

It needs a good sanding and oiling, but it looks exactly the same.

Used to do a lot of work with a high end kitchen fitter and this was the cut out for a sink with the edges tidied up.

It was made in 1990 and has survived pretty well considering it has been in the dishwasher a fair few times in its life!

I’ve got a chopping board from 1929. It was given to my grandparents as a wedding present by an uncle who made it. Then it was my mother’s and now, it’s sitting under my toaster ready to be used.
It doesn’t look like it is more than 9 years old never mind 90.

Sponsored Links
With a Lungo size coffee, I normally put some hot water in the cup to warm it before putting the coffee in so that it doesn't suck the heat out of the coffee. I don't bother when making an expresso as I want to drink it quick.

The drink I posted a shot of is what I usually drink, an americano. Espresso shot plus water. When I first started using a machine I thought it was too cool compared with instant made from a boiling kettle. After a while as some others do I noticed there was more taste if I took my time to drink it allowing it to cool further. The machine brews at 93C ;) exactly what coffee nuts say it should do. It probably finishes up at about 70- 80C in my mug. So it doesn't loose too much heat I use borosilicate mugs, fairly light ones. Tried dual wall but they break too easily. Wife wont have a dishwasher.

Instant can taste better when cooler water is used. Some put the milk in first which helps. Also wait until the kettle stops making boiling noises. We started using a hot water dispenser. It boils as much as we need. I set the temperature lower for coffee. It makes a surprising difference. When microwaves were more expensive some made their coffee in them. Mix the lot up and stick it in and heat. It never boils, just get it hot enough. Some made milky coffees that way.

Favourite mug too :)

55DFC426-AE01-44B3-BCF4-586A0B67E0D6.jpeg

I totally agree with you, as I also love great coffee, and I also hate faffing around. There are some awesome coffee machines out there, which make great coffee, often better than a coffee shop, and which are super-convenient. If money is not a constraint, then an automatic coffee machine is right for you. They are not only easy to use, but they enable you to make a cup of coffee without much effort. Just add the beans and push the button, and fresh coffee is served. It certainly is a great conversation piece in your kitchen. If you don't have room for a coffee machine in your kitchen, there are also portable coffee machines that you can use in the living room, in the office, or wherever you find yourself needing coffee.

I totally agree with you, as I also love great coffee, and I also hate faffing around. There are some awesome coffee machines out there, which make great coffee, often better than a coffee shop, and which are super-convenient. If money is not a constraint, then an automatic coffee machine is right for you. They are not only easy to use, but they enable you to make a cup of coffee without much effort. Just add the beans and push the button, and fresh coffee is served. It certainly is a great conversation piece in your kitchen. If you don't have room for a coffee machine in your kitchen, there are also portable coffee machines that you can use in the living room, in the office, or wherever you find yourself needing coffee.

Good morning Sylvia

What coffee machine company do you work for?.
;)

We all have different tastes in our prefered coffee.
How do you pick the right machine that comes with the perfect coffee.

I hate Costa I don't like anything with Coco or chocolate in the mix.

But of course if said coffee is made at wrong temperature by an unskilled barrista then it doesn't matter how good or bad the coffee is its going be crap
Starbucks have fully automated machines so the barista won’t have any control of temperature.

I dont even know if they can adjust grind size…it’s highly critical for espresso as it determines under or over extraction.

I very doubt if Starbucks ever check brew ratios

Starbucks have fully automated machines so the barista won’t have any control of temperature.

I dont even know if they can adjust grind size…it’s highly critical for espresso as it determines under or over extraction.

I very doubt if Starbucks ever check brew ratios

I've stopped going Starbucks as it's very hit and miss.... Miss more often than not

Must be great to have the time.
It is. Yep, I often have a spare 3 minutes to make a coffee in the morning, don’t you?

Heres an idea, get off the internet, stop moaning and make yourself one. I see you made your first post at 7.33 and you were still posting at 8.41.

Sponsored Links
Back