Cold header tank Hot

Sponsored Links
what i have found is a pair of off sets connectors and check valves in the plumbers left overs!!!!

not got the instructions on that shower bar but i know it will operate at
0.5 bar to 5 bar.
and useally that don't like uneven pressures and yours sounds like its on uneven pressures.

is the temp of the shower running ok ?

the doglegs are not a problem as he has probably used another method of fixing the shower.

but no reason to leave the check valves out
if your not running the hot on a pump then it will below tritons recommended operating pressure.

so thats why he's left them out to get better flow

Sponsored Links
So leaving the check vales out is the problem????

There is no pump to boost the pressure all though he has run the pipes under the floor just incase they are required

So i need to fit check valves to hot and cold shower feed or a pressure reducing valve to the cold feed and that should cure the problem

Temp of water seems ok

personally i would put the cold on gravity to equal the pressures out then fit a pump to hot/cold.
fit the check valves.

im not a fan of prv's on cold mains and gravity hot showers.
i prefer to use a pressure equalising valve.

To gravity feed the cold water is a big job as i have just tiled bathroom floor and walls.

is there an alternative

who fitted the shower ?

you said.
There is no pump to boost the pressure all though he has run the pipes under the floor just incase they are required

that tells me you can access them. :confused:

A plumber fitted the shower and while the floor boards were up he ran two pipes from the hot water tank cupboard to shower pipe area behind the bath panel. so i suppose you could use one of these pipes to the cold water header tank.

Having being following this thread for a while, I'm a bit confused as to why the shower being fed via mains cold and gravity hot is causing the CWS to be heating up which was what I read the initial post alluded to.

So, (seco and kev), could you enlighten me please :confused:

methinks cold main backfeeding through shower

:idea:
I saw that, but I can't see how that is causing the CWS to get warm, especially since the op also describes this as happening when just the CH is on. Unless I'm misreading something :oops:

missed that bit :oops:

its sunday dex
drinking-41.GIF
:LOL:

The hot water was on and you could see the back feed in the cold water tank. turned the hot water tank thermostat down and upped the central heating thermostat and the water is still back feeding. Run some hot water off and then it takes a while for the cold tank to back fill again from the hot water tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back