I'm not sure if there's an average age when you decide 'I won't use that enormous power tool while there's no one in the house to call the ambulance' and likewise 'I won't go up on that roof' but it happened to me around 3 years ago. Before then I was quite content wallowing in my own risk!

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if there's an average age when you decide 'I won't use that enormous power tool while there's no one in the house to call the ambulance' and likewise 'I won't go up on that roof' but it happened to me around 3 years ago. Before then I was quite content wallowing in my own risk!

Nah! This was a case of act before you think, because the financial pressures of being a SESB were at play. It's both a rush and a curse at the same time... And you'll never understand until you go that route. :sick:

Edit: if you read above posts... He wasn't on his own, I was there with him... When I heard his shout of "oh $hit", I went straight for my 1st aid kit from the van, then, when I saw what he'd done, 1st aid kit went away and off to A&e we went... Upon my return to the job, customer said "I feel bad saying this, but is this going to affect the schedule?" :cautious:

Then customer went even further and gave me some wet wipes to clear up the blood from the garage floor... I didn't!

Last edited:
You forgot to mention the fact that he had a perfectly functioning heating system and we were fitting a new boiler and cylinder in the garage to be converted over when ready. :LOL: you gotta love the public :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back