Cold water pressure valve not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch RD 532i gas condensing boiler, which is only two years old.
The cold water pressure has dropped to around 0.5 bar and the pump has run dry so no hot water is being produced (if the boiler is switched off and on again hot water is produced temporarily).
When I open the cold water valve no water flows into the boiler.
There doesn't seem to be any obvious leaks.
The problem has persisted for just over a week.

Any advice as to why the value might not be working much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The pressure at 0.5 bar will not damage the pump so if its run dry it must have a significant amount of trapped air within it.

It normally takes a significant amount of running at zero pressure with the boiler at the highest point to kill off a pump.

Does the filling loop have two valves? Are both open.

Perhaps your mains pressure is only 0.5 bar (not uncommon) or the pressure gauge is inaccurate (ie reading low).

What type of filling loop valve is it - the old types with the white handles can appear to turn but the valve threads sieze up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back