"Coloured""people

So you think it's OK to pretend I support racism, because I questioned your post?

Not at all in fact you're one of the few on this thread questioning or shutting down those stuck in the 1950's with only neutral or reverse engaged.

The way you made your point suggested you might be heading that way 'tis all.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No. It's moved on a teeny tiny amount. Monkey chants are still to be heard.

A racist Chelsea fan was asked why he was shouting racist insults at the opposing team when Chelsea have a lot of black players. His response? "Well, they're ours".

The length of this thread and the amount of explaining required for some is indicative of just how hard it is to remove bigotry. The fact that the guy heading up an organisation that only last week launched more anti-racism drives doesn't know what terminology is considered acceptable is just batshit.

You haven't got a clue how bad it was. Im a Chelsea fan. Back in the 80s we had very few black fans. NF and Combat 18 had stalls up and down Fulham Broadway selling all sorts of Racist crap and papers.

Paul Canoville was our first Black player I never see his Debut but I see him come on as sub at Cambridge United the following week. I was 17 I cried because I could not believe 8 to 10000 Chelsea fans where booing the man. Monkey Chants throwing Celery at him.

He was our man why on earth would they do such a thing. He ended up being a cult hero by the time he left the club but he took some real shjt.

You haven't got a clue how bad it was. Im a Chelsea fan. Back in the 80s we had very few black fans. NF and Combat 18 had stalls up and down Fulham Broadway selling all sorts of Racist crap and papers.

Paul Canoville was our first Black player I never see his Debut but I see him come on as sub at Cambridge United the following week. I was 17 I cried because I could not believe 8 to 10000 Chelsea fans where booing the man. Monkey Chants throwing Celery at him.

He was our man why on earth would they do such a thing. He ended up being a cult hero by the time he left the club but he took some real shjt.

Then you will know that whilst it is better it's got a looooooong way to go. Chelsea have been in the news for the last 3 years repeatedly for the racist behaviour of fans. Bans, arrests, families suing etc

So you chose to ignore the history of 'coloured" and want to lump it in with all words used in that era? What - any word, even if it had no meaning? Ok....

Sometimes a word isn't 'just a word'. If a whole bunch of people, who let's face it had been treated badly, feel like they no longer wish to see in usage something from that era, then I don't have a problem with it. Why on earth would any decent person who has any respect for his fellow man intentionally either dismiss that opinion, or downplay it because hey man, it's just a word?
I said IF 'coloured' IS offensive then 'of colour' is just as bad unless I am missing some connotation about the 'ed'.

So, what about the 'no blacks' signs in London? Doesn't seem to matter; why not?

Are you now saying you are racist or borderline racist? Either you're progressive and want to see an end of bigotry or you support it (in some way large or small)? There is no grey on this.

No he's not saying that. Your talking one man. What I think Brigadier says is back in the 80s it was thousands chanting monkey songs and screaming abuse. Not just the odd Idiot.

Then you will know that whilst it is better it's got a looooooong way to go. Chelsea have been in the news for the last 3 years repeatedly for the racist behaviour of fans. Bans, arrests, families suing etc

Your not listening are you..... Chelsea have always been a racist team.... Combat 18 still exist.. Todays racist at Chelsea are nothing in comparison with what went on in the 80s

Sponsored Links
Back