Want a laugh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah?
OK. :whistle:
I thought they were from Africa, along with the rest of the human race.
Maybe they stopped of in Indonesia on the way past.

Obviouse I know.
The Indonesians also were quite the travelers.

I went to a museum in Colombo a section was Indonesian tools found in Sri Lanker that included a boomerang.....

Sponsored Links
Is that another word the society say we can't use.??
I don't suppose there was a socially constructed concept of traveler when the great African migration took place.
(I know the Great African Migration does not refer to the migration of humans from Africa)

It's all about context.

Sponsored Links
Language only evolves due to misuse becoming commonplace.

However, the words which become unacceptable for social reasons are purely arbitrary and not logical.

Language only evolves due to misuse becoming commonplace.
However, the words which become unacceptable for social reasons are purely arbitrary and not logical.
You are welcome to your opinion, and your opinion it is.
But as someone who is unfamiliar and mistaken with the reason for why 'coloured' is unacceptable, your opinion on lexicography is not of great value.
I understand 'coloured' might be regarded as offensive as it separates the rest of the population of the world from white people

But as someone who is unfamiliar and mistaken with the reason for why 'coloured' is unacceptable, your opinion on lexicography is not of great value.

Just explain why Woman of colour is more acceptable than coloured woman...

Talk to me don't come out with yargon..

No. It is the thruth.

I said 'coloured' was unacceptable. My question was "Why is 'people of colour' not?".

Please read more carefully.
It is tedious correcting your mistakes which takes far longer than discussing the actual topic.

You really are a Trump-like pain.

Just explain why Woman of colour is more acceptable than coloured woman...

Talk to me don't come out with yargon..
'People of colour' unites people. It unites all the 'non-white' people. It is not considered offensive. Martin Luther King referred to 'citizens of colour'.
'Coloured' referred to the black people of mainly the southern states of USA, and came to be understood as derogatory.
Coloured in South Africa did indeed refer to the non-white, non-black people.

So if its incorrect to say coloured is there anything wrong with the black?

The phrase person of colour is American for anybody not white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back