Plasters

Sponsored Links
ynplast_large_ad.jpg

:D

Sponsored Links
Steve, go back to your co-operative store.

Its people like you who spend their whole time looking out of windows, and are so narrow minded you could not even comprehend a post that was just an observation and no more than a giggle on my part. CHILL OUT

Paul

Edit. I see other members have taken the topic with humour as it was intended.

oh ffs. do you lot not have anything better to do?

what is it about something different that frightens you?

Most of you have grown up since you were in the playground. :rolleyes:

This thread is utterly pointless.

Why make different colour plasters? Is anyone exactly the same shade skin as a beige plaster? No. They do a job, to protect wounds, they aren't designed to be discreet, nor aesthetically pleasing.

IMO, black people could be quite offended if they started making black plasters (in a white-majority country). It would be too PC. Perhaps in black-majority countries they make them darker, but IMO theres little or no demand here.

This isn't actually accurate. Beige plasters are often advertised as 'flesh/skin coloured'. The very fact that they are advertised in this way shows that people want plasters that match their skin tone.

Of course, it's a bit thoughtless of advertisers as using 'flesh/skin coloured' as a synonym for 'for white skin' is rather tactless and marginalising.

If you google the subject, you'd find there is demand for plasters to match other skin tones.

Plasters are the minimal patches, what about coloured bandages or castes, someone is going to end up marketing this, in fact Ime off to the patent office, :LOL:
See you on dragon's den (obviously a very, very brief picture of you walking back down the stairs with the dragons laughing raucously in your wake)

But mostly because someone got there first, July of this year.

http://www.blackmentalhealth.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=592&Itemid=117

http://www.ynotplast.co.uk/

Edit: My bad, didn't notice the second page of comments.

I'm really surprised by the poster suggesting that skin-coloured plasters for a range of skin tones is racist. That's just bizarre.

Advertising beige plasters as 'skin-coloured' is fine but providing a variety for people of different skin tons is? :/

People like having plasters that are less noticeable. Seems reasonable to me. If there's a market demand for it then it seems good that someone's gotten out there and created the product.

As a white person, I certainly choose beige coloured plasters for myself rather than blue ones... [/i]

Sponsored Links
Back