Now you're just exaggerating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading this on the BBC website, when something caught my eye:

Millions of women and girls are becoming sexually active each day with no access to preventive services, says UNAIDS.

So, I was thinking. Say we choose the lower limit of this claim, i.e. one million women and girls every day (technically should be 2 million, "millions").

1,000,000 x 365 = 365 M every year

Average life expectancy of a woman, worldwide, is 65.7 years. Now, assuming that the population stays the same, and that the life expectancy stays the same, the number of women in the world at any one time would be these two numbers multiplied:

No. of women = 365 M * 65.7
= 24.0 Billion

The sex ratio is 1.01 males to 1.00 females, therefore total world population is:

24 + (24 * 1.01) = 48.2 Billion

Perhaps UNAIDS should put its efforts to the more pressing matter of these 42 billion people who have suddenly appeared and need feeding?

Either that or they should stop bl**dy exaggerating, they might as well say "by the year 2010 a million billion people will have AIDS". They can't be taken seriously, and that is very very wrong when they are a worldwide organisation dealing with such a massive problem.

Sponsored Links
Adam, you've used a bit of syllogystic logic, a girl or woman can become sexually active one day, sexually dormant during the night (when they go to sleep), and then become sexually active again the next day.

Some women go for weeks on end without being sexually active. Some become sexually active every friday night. But, apparently, there are millions of them that become sexually active every day! :LOL:

I want one of those! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back