Plasters

G

gassafeman

I don't want to get into a big debate about ethnic origins of various races, nor do I want to get into details regarding numbers, but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the people on this planet are not white.

The world population is currently estimated at about 6.78 billion. The bulk of the white people are to be found in Northern America, Europe, Russia and the Antipodes. Add together their populations and you can just about scrape together a billion people, not all of whom will be white of course.

This means that for every single white person on this planet, there are nearly six people that have skin that is considerably darker than the average Caucasian.

Now, I do not claim to have visited every corner of the globe, but I have been to many countries where having pale skin puts you into the less than one percentile.

So, why is it that when you open every first aid kit and get out a sticking plaster, they are generally a sort of pinky-beige colour? Are white people six times more likely to require a small cut or abrasion covering up? I know you can get make up and hair products designed for different shades, why have plasters missed out?

I realise you can get clear plasters, novelty plasters for kids with cartoon characters on, even ones that look like rashers of bacon, and catering plasters are bright blue so they show up in food (incidentally also on X-Rays), but if you go to your first aid kit, your average plaster will be some non-descript "white skin" colour.

Paul

Sponsored Links
not something i have given any thought to in the past funnily enough :)

maybe because its the white man who manufactures said items........probably :confused: :LOL:

good point though paul.

Sponsored Links
what about the people that wear blue plasters :eek:

These are used when food workers are preparing their goods and are easily spotted if they drop off. Should have a metal strip too to be detected with a metal detector.

maybe its nothing to do with race, they have always been doing them that colour for whatever reason, and it would be expensive to start doing PC To*ser user friendly colour friendly ones.

besides do you think a black or asian person really wont use an elastoplast if needed just becasue those dirty white men only make racist plasters?

;)

This thread is utterly pointless.

Why make different colour plasters? Is anyone exactly the same shade skin as a beige plaster? No. They do a job, to protect wounds, they aren't designed to be discreet, nor aesthetically pleasing.

IMO, black people could be quite offended if they started making black plasters (in a white-majority country). It would be too PC. Perhaps in black-majority countries they make them darker, but IMO theres little or no demand here.

Here's an interesting question:

What if, as a white person, you needed a plaster, and was confronted with a first aid box which was multi-racial (due to PC rules), but only had dark plasters left (due to lack of demand)? What would you do? (Besides complain to the stationary buyer that the 1st aid box is short of supplies)

What if, as a white person, you needed a plaster, and was confronted with a first aid box which was multi-racial (due to PC rules), but only had dark plasters left (due to lack of demand)? What would you do? (Besides complain to the stationary buyer that the 1st aid box is short of supplies)
I reckon that there's a few on here would rather bleed to death than wear a black plaster ;)

I reckon that there's a few on here would rather bleed to death than wear a black plaster ;)
Not me, if it keeps the red stuff in then any colour will do. :LOL: :LOL:

Plasters are the minimal patches, what about coloured bandages or castes, someone is going to end up marketing this, in fact Ime off to the patent office, :LOL:

Plasters are the minimal patches, what about coloured bandages or castes, someone is going to end up marketing this, in fact Ime off to the patent office, :LOL:
See you on dragon's den (obviously a very, very brief picture of you walking back down the stairs with the dragons laughing raucously in your wake)

I lied, I'me sitting in the corridor to the office now, dos'nt open till 9 am Monday but I'me first in and you've lost. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back