Combi: 4 moving parts

Fess up lads, you gotta hear the man out.

He's installed sooooo many boilers he makes 45yearsagasman look like a beginner.

Sponsored Links
We were a Ferroli service agent around 12 years ago. Nice people at the UK HQ, but boy, were we kept busy. And that was with the bithermic heat exchanger, plus the launch of their ill fated 'Arena' model.

Might have had less parts, but each one of them certainly made their presence felt. Especially the electronics, they were unbelievable.

Hope they are a bit more reliable now. They are a huge firm, big in commercials as well. Own a few foundries, if I remember correctly.

I think, Pete, that's probably the best approach. Apart from his mental issues, he is above all else an attention seeker.

Sorry to use your name in vain by the way!

Sponsored Links
Does the Intergas use an expensive dedicated pump in the boiler, or a standard off the shelf pump?

Last edited:
It's a Wilo. So they saved a few pennies there at the expense of reliability.

Grundfos pumps seem to last longest in boilers, ask Vaillant. They ran Wilos in ecoTEC for years as a cost cutting measure and it cost a fortune in warranty claims. I don't fit Glowworm (a budget Vaillant owned brand) but I think they still get the Wilo.

The best pumps were the old SMC units, seem to last forever. Perhaps that's why they are no longer in business.

Have IG shared their reliability statistics with you then Simon. How do you know the pumps aren't reliable in the boilers?

The pumps actually last an extremely long time, very little hydraulic resistance in the hex remember?

Have IG shared their reliability statistics with you then Simon. How do you know the pumps aren't reliable in the boilers?

The pumps actually last an extremely long time, very little hydraulic resistance in the hex remember?
Is it a standard off-the-shelf pump in the Intergas?

Brand X or Brand Y, Which is best ?.

Could they be made by the same factory and just badged accordingly.

Could it be that Brand X and Brand Y are only marketing and have no manufacturing facility. Al their products are made in the same factory by company Z

This happens a lot with well known names in kitchen appliances and other dometic electronics.

Grundfos and Wilo are direct rivals, based in different countries. Most boiler installers will tell you that Grundfos are the preferred, more reliable option - unless you can flog an alternate thinker a Wilo for the same money.

It may be that a Wilo will last longer if there is little hydraulic resistance, but this is hardly a recommendation. Particularly if you have microbore.

Just remind me, how long has the Intergas model some of you are (very) keen on been sold in the UK?

2004 our first one went in. Started with Grundfos, moved to Wilo. No material change in reliability.

Harrison physics and chemistry determine the output of a boiler you idiot. Any 38kw boiler will output 16 litres. Ffs the Q60s does 25 give or take.

Still pishing myself laughing at your new choice of favorite boiler. Pure class.

Just for you John. Both boilers actually have 5 moving parts. But only advertise 4. The 5th moving part is different in each boiler tho. :whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back