Combi: 4 moving parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Intergas proudly boast that their combi has only 4 moving parts. That is impressive and adds to reliability. The Ferroili Modena also boasts the same; 4 moving parts. The DHW flowrate is about the same with the Ferroli a tad better. But the Ferroli is around £100 cheaper and similar guarantees.

Sponsored Links
Intergas proudly boast that their combi has only 4 moving parts. That is impressive and adds to reliability. The Ferroili Modena also boasts the same; 4 moving parts. The DHW flowrate is about the same with the Ferroli a tad better. But the Ferroli is around £100 cheaper and similar guarantees.
Nice Googling there...well done
2010.8.30%20Medal.png

Last edited:
Ferroli were making this type of boiler with a dual path heat exchanger over 25 years ago; so were other better known companies such as Worcester and Potterton.

So, there's nothing like old news; in this case, very old news indeed.

Intergas can't patent the concept because it isn't theirs, and like most different ways of doing things, it brings a different set of problems. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferroli's production way exceeds that of Intergas over the years.

NB: None of this post was written with the help of Google.

Sponsored Links
The Intergas heat exchanger is nothing like fe the Potterton.

Perhaps you should avail yourself of the Intergas folders in the CCR Simon. (y)

You seem to be of the opinion that Intergas is a bit player in the industry have you had much to do with them or is everything you say anecdotal?

Ferroli were making this type of boiler with a dual path heat exchanger over 25 years ago; so were other better known companies such as Worcester and Potterton.

So, there's nothing like old news; in this case, very old news indeed.

Intergas can't patent the concept because it isn't theirs, and like most different ways of doing things, it brings a different set of problems. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferroli's production way exceeds that of Intergas over the years.

NB: None of this post was written with the help of Google.
True in that Ferroli had dual path heat exchangers. The Domena was one with the flue going out of the back not the top. The WB Junior is another? Ideal made one as well. Even Ravenheat had one but used a diverter valve inside; how Ravenheat.

But there is an alternative to the Intergas and 4 moving parts, and the Ferroli has a decent reputation. I am not sure if it has integrated weather compensation as standard like the Intergas.

Intergas are redesigning their heat exchanger to get all the tubes inside. They "U" bend outside the heat exchanger currently. So the Integas will be "slightly" more efficient.

Last edited:
You seem to be of the opinion that Intergas is a bit player in the industry have you had much to do with them or is everything you say anecdotal?
Intergas are big in Holland and a number of other countries. Ferroli must be bigger. I would not be surprised that the Modena sells more than Intergas combis. Ferroli I believe are bigger in the UK than Intergas.

Last edited:
]
True in that Ferroli had dual path heat exchangers. The Domena was one with the flue going out of the back not the top. The WB Junior is another? Even Ravenheat had one but used a diverter valve inside; how Ravenheat.

But there is an alternative to the Intergas and 4 moving parts, and the Ferroli has a decent reputation. I am not sure if it has integrated weather compensation as standard like the Intergas.

Intergas are redesigning their heat exchanger to get all the tubes inside. They "U" bend outside the heat exchanger currently. So the Integas will be "slightly" more efficient.
Intergas are big in Holland and a number of other countries. Ferroli must be bigger. I would be be surprised that the Modena sells more than Intergas combis. Ferroli I believe are bigger in the UK than Intergas.

Oh dear, not much that's correct there as usual :rolleyes:

Yes that's quite funny.

In terms of size, looking on Google (!) Ferroli turned over half a billion euros in 2005.

Anyone got any turnover figures for Intergas?

Intergas only employ 160 people in the Netherlands so the idea that they are anywhere near the size or turnover of Ferroli, or for that matter just about any other boiler manufacturer in the domestic market, is fanciful. They are a minnow.

Last edited:
Ferroli.... Good reputation? Fooking Nora :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
The 4 moving parts Modena does have a decent reputation with a good guarantee. It sells well. Probably far more than the Intergas combis.

But I do like the combined PRV and condensate discharge on the Intergas which is a positive.

Last edited:
But the Ferroli is around £100 cheaper and similar guarantees.
The sort of people who are bothered over saving £100 on a boiler installation are those that no decent installer would go anywhere near.

They are also the ones that expect top quality everything, want to pay next to nothing, and then complain bitterly when they get the opposite.

But the Ferroli is around £100 cheaper and similar guarantees.
The sort of people who are bothered over saving £100 on a boiler installation are those that no decent installer would go anywhere near.

They are also the ones that expect top quality everything, want to pay next to nothing, and then complain bitterly when they get the opposite.
You never got it. Quality installers chose the Ferroli. Why should, he pay £100 more for a similar boiler of similar quality? Inside is as simple as the Intergas:

modl2.png

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back