Combi boiler condensate pipe moved outside - is this wrong?

Although I clearly already have my answer (thanks!), below is a picture of the pipe outside - just FYI. The original copper pipe is mid-way between the flue and the new plastic pipe.

The boiler was is nearly two years old and hasn't yet been serviced - that's happening in the next fortnight. It was fitted by a bloke I didn't like (he was lazy and a liar), but he was definitely fully qualified and was a "friend" of my mum's.

Sponsored Links
Lol that's hilarious he obviously thinks its an overflow :D he won't be registered no one who is can be that stupid, sorry to be rude but u need to get someone better than him an bill him for it

Sponsored Links
you may be interested to know that the condensate is slghtly acidic. No more than tomato juice, but when it drips onto concrete or limestone, it will erode it away, and you will be left with a crater and some sand and bits of gravel. If you look around, you will sometimes see this where a flue has been dripping tiny amounts, dependent on weather and wind direction. A condensate pipe will release large amounts in winter, and noticable amounts all the time.

I think we've established that your "plumber" shouldn't have done it, and doesn't know what he's doing.

if he'd used a hammer and chisel to make the hole he would have done less damage to the brickwork. what a shambles. What other work has he done in your house, might be worth getting it all looked at if this is the bar he's set

He may have thought it was an overflow warning pipe, remember he is just a lowly wet plumber like me and we have no idea about anything else except that the water turns clockwise down the bath waste, or was it anti clockwise I keep forgetting. :rolleyes:

Pete

He may have thought it was an overflow warning pipe, remember he is just a lowly wet plumber like me and we have no idea about anything else except that the water turns clockwise down the bath waste, or was it anti clockwise I keep forgetting. :rolleyes:

Pete
Clockwise/anti-clockwise? Well depends whether you’re north or south of the equator!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back