Combi Boiler - condensate pipe/pressure valve

AndyJay said:
Thanks Slugbabydotcom for that err information!

Regardless of any regulations, the installers should have told me that this was required. Then i could have looked at alternative places to put the boiler.
I bet he has it nicely installed in his house.

Andy
Whenever any of us on here replies to a post we always tend to make assumptions from the information given. It is now apparent that my assumption that you had decent tradesmen working for you there was somewhat erroneous.

We all have accidents and mis-haps here and there but what you describe is a trail of destruction and sheer incompetence

I wont speak for others here but my practice and what I would expect as customary on the onset of work is to discuss things such as where pipes and fixtures will be placed. Also I would point out that anything fragile or liable to damage is placed out of harms way this includes carpets. I specifically state beforehand that carpets be removed either by the owner, carpet fitter or myself and stress the point that I am a plumber and not a carpet fitter and therefore do not possess a knee kicker etc.

Howcome you let them start work without discussing this and howcome they started work without discussing this with you first ????

I think PDV man hit a nail on the head when he said

If it was 5 rads and a combi for £1495.00 then you got what you deserved, if you paid about £3000 to £3500 then take them to the cleaners as they want their a**es kicking

This begs the question/s How much did you pay?, For what? and Whereabouts in the country are you? as the rates vary from one area to the next.

Sponsored Links
Ok Guys....I'm back with an update and photos.

The jobs was prices at £2643. I didn't choice the cheapest.

I have had my own insurance company in who have made a report on the damaged stuff in the house, but not the damage to the building, (plaster and outside brickwork).
I have been in touch with Trading Standards and i'm still waiting to hear from them.
To be honest, i don't want anything to do with the company.
Over the past few days i've been testing the central heating, which is fine apart from the noise it makes. Whenever the heating is on it sounds like its raining heavy outside. This is very annoying and is heard in most rooms of the house. Should it be like this?

I have put together some photos, if i can get them on here. I'll give it a go.

cimg0856.jpg

This photo is of the pipework for the living room radiator. I asked them to do it again, which they did.

I'll post this one to see if it works.....more photos to follow

Sponsored Links
The living room ceiling - hard to see in the photo, but where they cleaned up has left dirty smudge marks

cimg0863.jpg

Plaster bulging and cracked from where they removed the old bolier from the other side of the kitchen wall.
I think they may have hammered something flat where the old boiler was. This has then knocked the bricked work and pushed the plaster out on the other side.

cimg0868.jpg

Outside Brickwork, where the old boiler vent was - They told me that they'd match the bricks up to the existing brick work.

cimg0869.jpg

Carpet Stains in back bedroom where the airing tank and bedroom radiator were.

cimg0872.jpg

Plaster knocked off from around the window in the living room. They had to feed new pipes down the wall which they did at least tell me about.

cimg0881.jpg

Pipe work running outside of the garage at the front of the property. Ugly i think. If only they had told me i would have tried to get them to put the boiler elsewhere.

Any ideas of making it look neater?

cimg0882.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back