Combi Boiler - condensate pipe/pressure valve

Thanks for setting up photos, Andy.

Firstly this "heavy rain" noise you hear when the heating is on. Is this coming from the boiler and does it coincide with the burner operating (flames on)? Dose it get worse as boiler flow temperature rises?

I don't think you ever said which condensing boiler was fitted. Some can make strange noises if not set up carefully (burner pressures, etc.), so if you can identify boiler it will help. Did the installers leave you with the "benchmark" record (a kind of log book - A5 blue)?

Also did the installers flush the system properly (judging by black sludge sprayed on ceiling when air pressure testing new system, I would have thought not)? Sludge could get into boiler heat exchanger and cause noise.

As for condensate/discharge pipes outside, the upper copper one should not discharge into drain. It could be cut off quite close to door frame and turned (with bend) towards wall. The condensate pipe should really be insulated against freezing, and/or increased to 32mm size externally. Either way it then becomes more conspicuous.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply chrishutt

Please see my other post 'noisy boiler' i have cross posted by accident.

Andy

My post of the 3/8/05 seems to have gone missing, any MODs know where?

MOD

not me :eek:

I had a go at "noisy boiler" without making the connection.

Most of that dirt WILL come out of the carpets, if you use a wet cleaner. It's particulate stuff which does wash out.

Regarding the pipes, I don't think they look toooo bad. The copper one is ok where it is but as said above it could be turned back to the gge wall , or pointed down at the ground with a 1 inch gap. Then you'll hardly see it at all when it turns brown.
Yes the white one should be 32mm, unfortunately, unless it's boxed which could be a possibility. Or paint it!

I think you'll have to get the ceilings stain-sealed then repainted, you'll always see it otherwise whatever you do.

Good luck with Trading Standards. Unfortunately there's no Body with any teeth. Even the Institute of Pl and H Engrs os only a self-important charity.

I saw the amount you paid, but what was done apart from fitting the new boiler?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice ChrisR

The whole thing is a farce. The last straw was when he fitted a rusty secondhand pump to try and make it quieter.

Never again ....

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back