Combi boiler estimate/ballpark figures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. So, we moved in a little under half a year ago and after manny other projects its now time for boiler.

We have a old style boiler and hot water tank and also 2 water feeders in loft (one smaller then the other)

The room the boiler is in is in corner of house. Exteroir walls

How much would we be looking at for parts and labour for

all old and unesesey pipes and tanks removed.

Mid range combi boiler (just the 2 of us in house)

Whatever else NEEDS to be dond

I assume the new boiler can stay where the old one is? Upstairs in a boiler room. Corner of house (good for flue?)

South birmingham yardlywood

Thank you verry much for all help

Oh.. Ive just had a thought. I think id want thermostatic valves on rads (non atm) and maybe (subject to cost) a new rad in lounge (small atm)

Thanks again!!

Sponsored Links
It would be a total guess, but first would need to know size of house and how many bathrooms. and if you have any preference of make/model of boiler.
A new combi, will need a condensate and likely a filter fitted.

Changing a low pressure system as you have, to a mains pressure system can also lead to leaking joints on the old pipework.

I would never recommend fitting a combi to replace a cylinder.

But for someone who has their own ideas about £2200 for a good combi plus about £300 for a new rad and £45 per rad to fit a Drayton TRV and a new lockshield.

Tony

^^

2 bed 1 bathroom. (Bathroom used to be downstairs) long time ago))

Sponsored Links
£2000-£5000 as a ballpark. You need to get some people in to give you a proper survey

I would never recommend fitting a combi to replace a cylinder.

why? Am i missing something?

Pros and cons?

Should i look at doing some other jobs insted? Ive got 4 exterior doors id like doing. Looking at a grand each ahaha... (Front upvc door rear sliding upvc door. New up n over garrage door n new rear garrage door(upvc) ah, sorry im rambling now))

The insulated plastic roller garage doors are only about £750 supply.

Supply only UPVC doors about £500.

They must be easy to fit because my friend did his.

So many threads explaining why a cylinder is better for hot water.

Tony

Tony, you are again assuming a lot. The cylinder may be a crappy old non insulated jobbie, and the boiler may be gravity HW (the house is obviously ancient as it had a downstairs privy). Which generally means a combi will be a lot less expensive than new cylinder and FP upgrade. It is 2 bed/1 bathroom.

Tony I removed my cylinder was 18" by 24" high and gravity HW and put in a 40kw Vogue. Guess what, it's better.

Sham, I fitted quite a few short cylinders years ago (bought from PC). They had to be FP'ed and were supposed to be quick recovery. Totally forgot about them - are they still sold?

I think get 3 estimates from recommended installers in your area. But remember the cheapest is not always the best. Post up their prices & boiler specification on here & we'll give it the once over.

A combi with at least 30KW output would be best, though this may mean a gas pipe upgrade. You'd deffo want to ensure your system is clean prior to the install too.
HTH

Def needs a gas upgrade, boiler position needs to consider condense and boundary issues, propa flush out etc.....

Get a few quotes and compare them.

It really is 'subject to survey' - every installation is unique, mainly due to construction of property, layout, pipe runs, cable runs, route to waste for condense, flue positioning and, oh yeah... How much clutter and dirty great pieces of furniture may be crammed in :eek:

I did a cheap convert to Combi, £1850.00 last week, doing one in a couple of weeks £3200.00 so all depends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back