Combi boiler flue linking to gas fire flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just a bought a house which we are getting ready for renting out. There is currently a Baxi wall mounted boiler in the kitchen which we would like to get rid of and put a combi boiler in the existing airing cupboard upstairs. In the airing cupboard there is a stainless steel flue from the downstairs gas fire, about 6 inches diameter, going up through the loft and through the roof. My question is... would it be possible/legal to link in the combi boiler flue to the gas fire flue to save having two flues going through the roof. There is no outside wall we could use in the airing cupboard. All comments would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is the stainless steel flue in the airing cupboard a flue liner? I don't think it should be in the airing cupboard if it is.

Sponsored Links
Ok - points taken!! I think we'll have to have another flue going up through the roof!
The existing flue from the gas fire is stainless steel - a 'tube' about 6 inches diameter installed by the builders when the house was built about 25 years ago. Hope this is ok to leave there.
Thanks for everyone's help.

If it's twin wall flue otherwise you have to remove it, your RGI will be the best guy to sort it when you get a Landlords certificate.

as a landlord i would advise that the gas fire is removed.one less headache for you and your tenants..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back