vertical flue system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Could anyone advice whether it is legal and appropriate to have local installer fit in combi boiler inside airing cupboard with no outer wall. However, plans to have a vertical flue system link to the roof which is a flat roof. Condensing pipes would be link to the bathroom waste pipe.

Your reply is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It's legal to have it in an airing cupboard with a vertical flue, although you'll need to leave a bit of space around it for cooling. The flue terminal must be given distances from openings into the building. Your Gas Safe Registered installer will be able to advise you on this.

Whether it's appropriate rather depends on your house; combi boilers are most definitely not the answer to every heating/hot water system. How many hot water outlets do you have and what are they?

It's legal to have it in an airing cupboard with a vertical flue, although you'll need to leave a bit of space around it for cooling. The flue terminal must be given distances from openings into the building. Your Gas Safe Registered installer will be able to advise you on this.

Whether it's appropriate rather depends on your house; combi boilers are most definitely not the answer to every heating/hot water system. How many hot water outlets do you have and what are they?

Thank you for the quick reply. I have two hot water tanks, big one in the airing cupboard and smaller one(So i believe) in the loft. Thinking of changing to Combi boiler as i have an average 3 bedroom house with only one bathroom and i was recommended to go for Combi. I also have a conservatory which is why i have to go for vertical flue system on my flat roof.

Sponsored Links
As long as mains coming in is decent, a combi should be fine, I would get a 28Kw as minimum with 5 year warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back