Combi Boiler on Internal Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of having my 19-year old Combi (Ideal Classic) replaced with a modern condensing combi (either Worcester or Glow Worm, not decided yet).

It's in a very small kitchen in a bungalow tucked in a corner mounted on the outside wall with the flue going straight out through the wall. Because of new regulations and because of the increased "plume" from the condensing boiler, the flue will be going out through the roof instead.

To create a bit more space, the installer has suggested that the boiler could be turned in the corner so it's mounted on an internal wall instead. from the "perspective" of the kitchen, this would be a better position altogether but the internal wall is only a single breezeblock wall covered with plasterboard..

So, my question is do you think I could be annoyed by vibrations from the boiler or pump with the wall acting like a sounding board - bearing in mind the living room is on the other side of the wall.

Thanks,
John.

Sponsored Links
If the block wall is the usual 100 mm then there should be no problem at all.

Modern boilers are usually very quiet.

To prevent vibration from the pump causing any problem the pipes to the boiler should be loose and not under any tension and clipped at least once below the boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's certainly nice and compact. I'll mention it to the installer when he next gets in touch although I suspect you guys have your preferred models that you feel 'comfortable' piping up to so I'll let him have the final say :)

John.

It's certainly nice and compact. I'll mention it to the installer when he next gets in touch although I suspect you guys have your preferred models that you feel 'comfortable' piping up to so I'll let him have the final say :)

John.

research, research, and research. i would say are the 3 most important words when having a new boiler, unless you know your installer extremely well find out what boiler he intends to fit then research it, then tell him what boiler you want, cos believe me there is some rubbish around

I think his preferences would be Worcester first, Glow Worm second. Without going to the bargain basement, I do need to keep the cost as low as is sensible to go.

John.

I think his preferences would be Worcester first, Glow Worm second. Without going to the bargain basement, I do need to keep the cost as low as is sensible to go.

John.

Many people would think of G-Ws as pretty close to the basement.

The Biasi are well worth considering for a good quality boiler at a very reasonable price.

Tony

Many people would think of G-Ws as pretty close to the basement.

and others research their products properly and don't just assume every boiler a manufacturer makes is rubbish, just because one of the old ones were :rolleyes:
the GW ultracom is one of the most reliable boilers on the market and much better value than other so called better models. I agree about the Biasis. They are good value, but I have heard some of their agents are a nightmare :LOL: :LOL:

John.

The Remeha Avantaplus also has weather compensation as standard. get the outside sensor. It is a quality products and uses parts that Vaillant use. Remeha have just bought Baxi, so a big player. Expect Baxi quality to rise in the next year or so. Best cost/performance around by a mile. Very reliable.

The Biasi are well worth considering for a good quality boiler at a very reasonable price.

Tony

You obviously sell such junk to come out with that.

_________
Keep Dangermouse locked up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back