Combi boiler registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Please help! I had a combi boiler fitted by a friend of the family in 2006. I am selling my house and all i have is a completed corgi checklist with his signiture on and CORGI number which comes with the manual. It has never been registered. I spoke to him and he said you have only had to have these registered in the past 2 years? Is this right? It doesnt sound right or my conveyancer wouldnt be asking for it would they.
Thanks alot! I appreciate any advice

Sponsored Links
April 2005 All Gas Work and New Boilers required to be notified to LABC and at the time Corgi - Yours is an Illegal installation my friend so you may now find out the real value of having the work done by a properly registerd engineer :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
P.S. Good Luck

my mate is in the same problem I am a reg Gas installer can I register his boiler for him it was done bout 4 years ago? or is there a cut off time?

Sponsored Links
wish i knew the answer!

but as they say you reap what you sew. i expect a lot of illegal installs/non notified boilers will bite the bums of the cheapskate customers who thought they could get away with it! :LOL: :LOL:

Iv been having a look and it seems that a landlord cert would do to confirm a safe instillation does that sound right??

He is a registered gas engineer. He is CORGI registered but as he was doing it as a favour didnt register the boiler (dont ask me why). I am sure it is not illegally installed. Can he register it now? Its not fair saying i had it done cheap, he was a just a gas engineer who i new and could do the work but give me a reasonable price. Can he still register this now?

Bet he didn't register it because he isn't registered in his own name. Alot of RGIs are registered through their companies rather than individually.
Did he do the work at weekend?

...He is CORGI registered
By the sound of it, he was not. This has all the hallmarks of somebody working for a company that is registered, and using his boss' tools, van, and small materials to do some unfair competition on Saturday morning.
but as he was doing it as a favour didnt register the boiler (dont ask me why).

Did he do it for free? If not, it was a normal job.

Most House conveyancers will be look ing for a LABC Certificate after 2005, obviously this can't be issued retrospectively so could be a problem with the house sale, I have seen the whole process collapse as a result of non- registration of a controlled service!! ;)

what if the boiler was done before 2005 or could you just say the boiler was done before 2005 as there would be no proof otherwise would there???

Also British gas have taken my mates boiler on on there service plan without it being registered

Sounds like this is going to be a problem. I will have to get onto him. Its his own company so i dont think he is using any ones elses registration number. I think it was plain laziness. Oh dear, serves me right for being niave. I wont let that happen again. We paid for the boiler but not the fitting as it was my partners at the time uncle so he was doing it as a favour.

Thanks for all the help but it not looking good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back