Combi Boiler Room Thermostat Operates in Reverse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We recently moved into a property with a combi boiler system comprising a Camay 5 boiler, Drayton SM1 programmer and Danfoss RET230VF2 room thermostat.

The system seems to work ok except that the room thermostat will only switch on when temperatures are increased at the dial (or actually increase - which is obviously rare)

ie if the thermostat is indicated as being off when the dial set asking for 25deg, moving the dial down to 15deg turns on the system. Likewise when the system is indicated on(and we know it is because the radiators are warm) then if the temperature is set at dial to ask for 15deg, then turning up to say 18deg will turn the system off.

I've attached a photo of the thermostat wiring in its current state. Can anyone suggest how it can be operating in reverse and a solution?

I've also attached the wiring schematic I found online.

Sponsored Links
From the diagram, I'd expect that setup to work as it is, but swapping the black wire from terminal 3 to 4 should reverse the way it operates.

Sponsored Links
Reverse polarity will make no difference what so ever.

There's usually a diagram on the back of the stat which might clear up the confusion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back