Combi boiler - Siemens RWB27/29 or Hortsmann H17XL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I'm told that for a combi boiler, you're supposed to have a 1 channel timeswitch. Not sure why, though.

Anyway, my question relates to the Siemens RWB27. I'd like to be able to just press +HRS boost button to activate the heating when the timeswitch is in the MANUAL OFF mode, for example in the summer, i.e. on a chilly summer evening, when heating isn't normally required (lovely scorching summer evening in the south east of Scotland (!)).

Reading some reviews on screwfix's website, it doesn't look like it's possible for this unit (the manual doesn't specify this - it only says that +HRS works "during the timed ON period and OFF period", which to me suggests that the timeswitch must be in the AUTO mode).

Reading the Hortsmann's manual, it seems it's possible: "Timeswitch output will be constantly ‘OFF’, there is the ability to turn off heating during summer without altering the programme times. 1 or 2 hour boost still available." This would be ideal, but I prefer the Siemens.

Would anyone be able to confirm whether the up to 3 hours boost function can be used when Siemens RWB 27 is in the permanent OFF mode? Does this also apply to RWB29? If not, is it possible to connect the RWB29 to a combi boiler (Vokera), even though only one channel's needed?

Thanks for your help and time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back