Combi Boiler size - does it matter?

Quote:
Just have to deal with it, not the end of the world.

I assume you mean BenG and all the other Luddites who have not moved with the times. icon_lol.gif
I don't know if I mean anyone in particular. I just see a bunch of people saying controls that turn your heating down to 40C will save you enough money to buy a new house. Then a bunch of people say that boiler cycling is the worst thing since The Beatles split up. Maybe two different bunches, but someone is wrong. My bet is they're all wrong ;)

Sponsored Links
.. I just see a bunch of people saying controls that turn your heating down to 40C will save you enough money to buy a new house.
At the very best ( and fairly rare ) it will save you 10% on the gasbill; it does add up over the years, but not a huge amount left after you deduct installation and maintenance costs. Educated guess says that the average saving for this country will be in the region of 3%.

Then a bunch of people say that boiler cycling is the worst thing since The Beatles split up.
Apart from broken ones, every boiler cycles; it really doesn't matter. It may have a slight downward effect on longevity/reliability of some parts, but this is purely a matter of logic/deducion, and has never been actually proven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back