Combi care water softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the annual maintenance carried out on the Worcester Bosch 12-14 combi and the engineer reminded me to replace the water filter softener, and also he kindly told me to drill the two holes clear of scale when I did so. So off I trundled to the plumbers merchants to buy a new cartridge and was surprised at the price of £18.50. This is one made by Culligan International and its a cylindrical push fit item onto the brass coupling. As far as I know these things are fitted with salt to liberate scale from the pipework. The cartridge appears to be sealed, but it is over priced big time, I used to buy the salt by the ton for water treatment systems in a hotel so this is silly prices.
Can any one recommend a cheaper manufacturer or approach?

Sponsored Links
nope thats about the price of all of them

and I dont think they use salt to treat the water as they are not water softeners but rather water treatment that inhibits scale build up in the heat exchanger

better 18 than a new boiler but Hey what do I know

:)

Sponsored Links
nope thats about the price of all of them

and I dont think they use salt to treat the water as they are not water softeners but rather water treatment that inhibits scale build up in the heat exchanger

better 18 than a new boiler but Hey what do I know

:)
Sylphos, not salt ;) Hey I don`t know much more than you :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back