combi programmer/timer which one ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to add a programmer/timer to my Ariston combi so we can time on/off periods, advance heating etc from the living room instead of trailing up and down stairs all the time.
At the moment the combi has a room stat downstairs with two wires only. Could a battery operated control be added in tandem with the stat using the two wire set up or is there a combined stat/programmer available ?
I don't want a programable stat, just a 'normal' timer.
I've seen a few that seem to work on a three wire system but I wanted to use the existing wiring and not go down the wireless route either.
Any suggestions on makes/types please ?

Sponsored Links
Tricky to advise without knowing exactly which make of Ariston combi you have.

Ariston have several models of wired programmable room thermostats for their GENUS HE range. If this is the one you have, a quick Google search should bring up what you're looking for.

If you have something older, please let us know and we'll have a better idea of what your options are.

Also, I'm curious as to why you don't want a wireless stat? They're great!

Thanks for the reply,
The combi is a Microgenus 28he about 3 years old.
I wanted to use the existing wires because of cost really, about half the cost of a wireless setup I guess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back