COMBI REPLACEMENT

Balenza said:
DAJ wrote

and I have yet to meet one that could "run rings" around an architect and their pay-packets reflect this

I have met them and their pay packet is significantly higher than the architects I hasten to add.
Architects make incredible mistakes which cost thousands to rectify or simply leaves the client to live with the mistake.
I worked with one guy (pipe fitter by trade) who at site meetings could persuade clients , architects, project managers and building engineers to see things his way. He would spend hours talking to them.
I used to think he was wasting his time but as the job proceeded you soon realised his few wasted hours took days of the job.
Made our job a hell of a lot easier too I might add. :D

Ok Balenza, I take your point. You have based your opinions on your experiences as I have. We must agree to disagree, BUT...

I would still rather a politician to run the country than a plumber and I definitely wouldn't let Tony blair fit a new gas valve in my boiler for me.

Sponsored Links
DAJ it's about time you woke up mate, haven't you realised yet what a complete and utter total all round f**k up the politicians have made of running the country in the last 30 or 40 years. Rather have it run by a plumber? I'd rather have it run by the mafia than the gang of lying, self serving charlatans we've got, vote! whats the point.

Sponsored Links
DAJ said:
THANKS lcgs, I think I agree. I've checked it out on the net and it sounds quite impressive. The cheapest I've found it is £1,150. If anyone knows where I cam get it cheaper, I would be grateful for the tip.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THEIR HELP AND ADVICE

Is this inc vat or plus vat? If it is plus vat then look HERE

If you go with the 937 beware its heavy (nearly 70kg when full), this can make it hard to find a suitable wall to hang it on.

Lee

sooey said:
DAJ it's about time you woke up mate, haven't you realised yet what a complete and utter total all round f**k up the politicians have made of running the country in the last 30 or 40 years. Rather have it run by a plumber? I'd rather have it run by the mafia than the gang of lying, self serving charlatans we've got, vote! whats the point.

Man oh man ! Take a chill pill pal ! This is a plumbing forum not a soap box for you to shout from ! ! ! If you don't vote mate, you have no voice at all and, in my opinion, based on your attitude, that's the best way (keep quiet).

What's your opinion on religion ? :LOL:

lcgs said:
If you go with the 937 beware its heavy (nearly 70kg when full), this can make it hard to find a suitable wall to hang it on.

Lee

Good point mate, I hadn't thought about that. the current boiler is fixed to a solid brick wall but, being a smaller, lighter boiler, it poses no problem.

The bricks are only soft reds (original) so I would not be happy fixing such a weight direct. There is an adjoining rightangle 4 x 2 studwork which can be reinforced in way I wish.

Would I be correct in saying that 90% of the weight is in a downward force towards the floor. If so, wouldn't a 3 x 2 support fixed direct to the stud be strong enough.

Balenza said:
DAJ wrote

The cheapest I've found it is £1,150. If anyone knows where I cam get it cheaper, I would be grateful for the tip.

I think the boiler in this link below is the one you are talking about.

http://www.-no ads-.co.uk/forum1/boiler-a-half-t2428.html#20790

If so where did you get £1150 from ?.

It on ultimate handyman at the moment as the link doesnt seem to work.
Some nice images as well.

Sure, go to...

http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk/acatalog/Vaillant_Exclusive_Boilers_NEW_RANGE____.html

The new EcoTec Plus 937 Storage Condensing Combi
Power store high efficiency combination boiler provides a high level of hot water comfort and is ideally suited to properties with higher hot water demands

It is SEDBUK band A rated, has a 2 year warranty and offers output of 37kW DHW - 28kW CH. All the major components are built in and the boiler and tank are separate for easier handling. There are a range of plug in control accessories including a weather compensator and wireless programmable room thermostats.

actoSTOR is a twin 7.5l stainless steel fully insulated storage tank which features the aquaSENSOR paddle with hall effect switch that detects the flow rate of hot water. This boiler features a fully modulating energy efficient pump with a low power consumption from 8 to 44W.

Price: £1,129.00
£1,326.58 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)

I looked at the photos you suggested, a good job done. Price seemed a little on the high side though ! Thanks for you help.

DAJ said:

if this is for the 937 then glad I can beat this, see my previous post reply ;)

Hi DAJ just thinking your combi might have plenty of life in it, so you could either simply add an really small, like 90 litre unvented hot water cylinder, heated on normal S plan or Y plan controls from the heating roll of your combi and feed some of your house from that, like existing bathroom, feed something else from combi. It's easy for me to say and do, I don't know what it means to you, but it is ultimately more reliable approach, with better performance.

gas4you said:
DAJ said:

if this is for the 937 then glad I can beat this, see my previous post reply ;)

Sorry mate, I just can't find the price for the 937 on your link or even the 937 itself. All the others seem to be there including the 837. Am I simply being thick?

Paul Barker said:
Hi DAJ just thinking your combi might have plenty of life in it, so you could either simply add an really small, like 90 litre unvented hot water cylinder, heated on normal S plan or Y plan controls from the heating roll of your combi and feed some of your house from that, like existing bathroom, feed something else from combi. It's easy for me to say and do, I don't know what it means to you, but it is ultimately more reliable approach, with better performance.

Thanks Paul, I think I need to find out a little more about this idea or even get a quote for the work as I have no idea how to implement this.

How would this effect the flow rate if at all.

It depends if you have sufficient space, a high output combi takes less space up.

The flow rate would be as much as your mains supply can provide, which would need evaluating were you to make the most of it, but you would be no worse off due to unvented storage than you wouldbe with a power combi in the evnt of poor water supply.

The trouble for you is that it requires qualified people to fit and takes up room. The benefit for you is better kit in the long run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back