combi v system

Sponsored Links
That lad in that video is measuring burner pressure and not inlet pressure, therfore we will never know what the inlet pressure was before the new boiler was installed

That’s what I was trying to say. Just didn’t explain it properly

He’s trying to say the input working pressure was 13mbr before and 16.5mbr after the new boiler has been fit. So making it “look” like the gas pressure was better with a new boiler. Not so

But he’s using the test point on the wrong side of the gas valve. As Grumpy Gasman says it would have been a lot higher had he taken an input working pressure “point 1” probably 21mbr
Yes, as I said earlier, you can "prove" all sorts of things if the tapping points are not the same in the 2 cases.
And as Grumpy says, you can’t take a burner pressure reading on a zero pressure governor. Only an input working pressure.
It doesn't affect the conclusion, but do we know it's a zero pressure governor? Can't see the boiler model. From a quick look on the web it didn't jump out what sort of valve W-B use. And even if they always use zero pressure nowadays, the clip might be a few years old.

Sponsored Links
The above shows what little knowledge you have regarding the gas industry.
Please refrain from commenting on any future gas related topics.
What have I said that might mislead anybody into doing something they shouldn’t? Even if I did the professional gas men/women you mention would presumably ignore it. As usual, you make blanket criticisms, but don't name anything where in your opinion what I said is wrong.

I simply drew attention to what I believe are shortcomings in the W-B clip, to general agreement. Even you agree with my conclusion (that must hurt). What part of my post do you disagree with? I make no apology for not recognising the old boiler, and where the pressure is measured. If other posters spotted it they didn’t mention it, and it’s irrelevant as that boiler is coming out.
So you decided to look to the ‘web’ in order to glean information regarding the Worcester boiler shown in the YouTube clip?..surely you must realise that commenting on these types of threads would be out of your depth?..you admit to googling the literature for the WB boiler in order to argue the toss with professional gas men/women on a subject you know nothing about.
Does this not embarrass you?
No, it doesn’t embarrass me one bit. I make no apology for looking on the internet for boiler details. What’s wrong with taking advantage of modern technology? Are you saying you never use it as you know all the details of every boiler out there?

Last edited:
What have I said that might mislead anybody into doing something they shouldn’t? Even if I did the professional gas men/women you mention would presumably ignore it. As usual, you make blanket criticisms, but don't name anything where in your opinion what I said is wrong.

I simply drew attention to what I believe are shortcomings in the W-B clip, and even you agree with my conclusion (that must hurt). What part of my post do you disagree with? I make no apology for not recognising the old boiler, and where the pressure is measured. If other posters spotted it they didn’t mention it, and it’s irrelevant as that boiler is coming out.

No, it doesn’t embarrass me one bit. I make no apology for looking on the internet for boiler details. What’s wrong with taking advantage of modern technology? Are you saying you never use it as you know all the details of every boiler out there?
That clip was very disturbing, as people viewing youtube clips think that as it is on tinternet it must be true, the lad measured the burner pressure in the old boiler so the inlet could have been anything higher than or equal to 13.5mbar, we will never know because he measured it at the wrong place, and if you look closely enough the old boiler has a 15mm gas supply and the new boiler miraculously has a lovely shiny new 22mm gas supply, that video is so misleading and a disgrace to be honest

That clip was very disturbing, as people viewing youtube clips think that as it is on tinternet it must be true, the lad measured the burner pressure in the old boiler so the inlet could have been anything higher than or equal to 13.5mbar, we will never know because he measured it at the wrong place, and if you look closely enough the old boiler has a 15mm gas supply and the new boiler miraculously has a lovely shiny new 22mm gas supply, that video is so misleading and a disgrace to be honest
I agree entirely. Must admit I can't see the new 22mm gas pipe, your eyes must be sharper than mine! But I see the guy using a rack plier, I don't think that's a professional way to tighten fittings.

I agree entirely. Must admit I can't see the new 22mm gas pipe, your eyes must be sharper than mine! But I see the guy using a rack plier, I don't think that's a professional way to tighten fittings.
Doesnt matter what he uses , any professional can see that that clip is totally wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back