combi v system

One thing these three GasSafe turkey's did prove was that on each boiler they had the correct burner pressure and no new larger bore gas pipe was needed. That is if they measured the burner pressure on the new boiler of course.

Does anyone know what model of W-B was fitted? You cannot see where the U tube rubber is connected.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not another nincompoop. They breed them.

Your stupidity is endless.

Hard-Work is now unable to take further part in this thread due to continued abuse and baiting.

Now let's play nicely people...

Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stupidity is endless.

Hard-Work is now unable to take further part in this thread due to continued abuse and baiting.

Now let's play nicely people...

Mod

Fair play Mod. I’ll just say he’s the rudest, worst mannered person who’s taken part in this thread.

I appreciate the work the mods do. Thank you

As I started this one about the W-B clip running, I ought to say something.

It appears that the pressure tapping point on the old boiler was at the burner. The guy doesn’t say where the point is, and the boiler isn’t identified, so if that is the case, I missed it (along with other posters, it seems). In any case, there doesn’t seem much point in taking readings on the old boiler as it’s coming out. The tapping point on the new boiler also isn’t mentioned, and can’t be seen on the clip. My guess is it’s at the boiler inlet, or maybe at the gas valve inlet, but not at the burner, whether or not it’s a zero-pressure gas valve, so 16.5mb isn’t a surprise. Nor is the difference from the old boiler figures. And we still don’t know where the 21.5mb mentioned in the clip comes from. There’s no data on pressure at the meter, and the 21.5mb might be at zero flow.

Also unless there’s big increase in boiler output, hence gas flow, it’s common sense to connect the new boiler using the existing gas pipe and check pressures to see if it’s OK, rather than install a bigger pipe just in case. Installers don’t need W-B to tell them that.

So I still think the clip is rubbish, and there appears to be some agreement.

So I still think the clip is rubbish, and there appears to be some agreement

He’s trying to say the input working pressure was 13mbr before and 21 mbr after the new boiler has been fit. So making it “look” like the gas pressure was better with a new boiler. Not so

But he’s using the test point on the wrong side of the gas valve. As Grumpy Gasman says it would have been a lot higher had he taken an input working pressure “point 1” probably 21mbr

And as Grumpy says, you can’t take a burner pressure reading on a zero pressure governor. Only an input working pressure.

Hard work makes it up as he goes along.

The navien was lpg and as I’ve asked him countless times, but he can’t answer. What effect would running a boiler on undersized pipework have on other connected gas appliances ?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back