Combination boiler filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both valves in new property are open on filling loop and pressure high in boiler . Turned the one off on left hand side off ( will release some
Water via bleeding ) other one seems very stiff . Am I right both should be off ( ie horizontal ) . What is consequence off right hand one being open ? Thanks

Attachments

• feb67ea6-197a-4612-95c6-efd9b4997205.jpeg
    feb67ea6-197a-4612-95c6-efd9b4997205.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
The blue one is connected to the filling loop on left and black on right . I’ve turned the blue one off ( to stop water going into boiler ) black one on right still on but is very stiff - thanks

Sponsored Links
Ah ok I have probably misunderstood , thought you opened it to add water into boiler when pressure low and it should be off normally .

I can see it’s the actual filling loop lead isolation valve thingy that needs to be closed thanks for your time anyways . Have a service on it in a couple of weeks so hopefully high pressure issue will be identified then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back