Venting UFH loop via boiler fill loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if there are any issues with adding water to a UFH via the boiler filling loop… reason being wanting to flush out some gunk from a loop and ventilate but don’t have access at the moment to proper hose connection adapter so I can plug mains water at the manifold.

Was thinking to flush by closing all loops and leaving one open while boiler pump circulates water and add new water via boiler filling loop…

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I am not a plumber - I can not say whether what you intend to do is right, or wrong!

But, surely it would be better to isolate your boiler, rads and loops etc. and just use the filling loop to flush out the pipe?
It could be at a higher pressure than the boiler pump and wouldn't risk any damage to the boiler.

Just a thought! :)

Ended up getting the right connectors and flushed the loops one by one. Worked out pretty good in the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back