combine dishwasher and washing machine drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Am a newbie to DIY so be a bit easy on me.

I have bought a new dishwasher and want to get it installed. Inlet connection is ok. But outlet is where my doubt is.

I already have a washing machine and the outlet of the washing machine is extended and connected to a drain pipe (not under the sink) separately into the drain.
I was just wondering if I can just remove the extension joint replace it with a Y connector and connect the dishwasher outlet to it.
y splitter link is below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...22183?pt=UK_Irons_Presses&hash=item58b399c907

Stupid question.. if i do the above.. when one of the machine drains, will water enter the other machine(because its a Y)..

Thanks for your patience.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Sort your drain hoses so that they drain naturally wherever possible......water can't run uphill! Route them so they exit from the top of the machines and descend to the drain as easily as possible.
These connectors are ok, but not the best and I'd try to make sure that both appliances weren't draining at the same time, if possible.
John :)

Thanks John.
You mentioned those are not the best connectors.. Can you please provide an alternate link.. couldn't find much help on google when i looked

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back