Combining PD and planning application.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1930s semi, with an original kitchen extension. I sent a LDC request to the council to extend the back of the house 3m out and the 1st floor 3m out 2m away form the neighbour.

The LDC was refused for a few reasons, one of them being the current kitchen extension is original and anything built off that would be classed a side extension, even if that wall were demolished. The current original kitchen is 3m wide and 2m long.

So does anyone know if I could build a 2 storey extension on the one half of the back of my house using PD (I would be 2m away form both neighbours, the ground floor would be 3m deep and the 1st floor would be 2.75m deep).

And then build using planning permission (assuming it was granted) 2.75m deep on both floors on the other half of the rear of the house?

I've uploaded a quick sketch, the green block is the PD, first floor 2.75m form original wall an ground floor is 3m from original wall. The orange block is 2.75m deep top and bottom.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 13.56.04.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 13.56.04.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 221
Sponsored Links
Think the pd rights are calculated on the basis of the original house

Blup

These sorts of threads always make my heart sink. I'm not having a go at the OP, there might be a very good reason why he needs to keep it within PD. But we see it time and again where people tie themselves up in knots and build ugly crappy little extensions that provide very poor quality living space all for the sake of saving £206 for a planning application.

I don't know the answer to the question it depresses me too much. I suspect not as it would be a 2 storey "side" extension. I know that sounds crazy but that's how they do it.

Sponsored Links
Elevations can be tricky to judge. Do you have a plan showing original & added to date (kitchen extension)?

Why do you want to combine them rather than just submit 1 planning application?

On first look your strategy is unlikely to be beneficial; this strategy could be used where you believe the LBC wouldn't give you permission for what you want in 1-go. However, you would need to do the PD first, in which case your planning application would presumably be refused.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back