comfort height Cisterns (2 off) Now need to hold button in to flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have 2 comfort height Cisterns - Purchased at same time , One used in bathroom, one in En-suite all fitted at the same time
The look exactly like this
https://www.tapnshower.com/comfort-height-cistern
Not sure if a different make, only info , instructions say "comfort Height Cistern"
The cistern has 2 pipes connected for different Litre flows.
anyway
a few months ago the bathroom toilet needed the button pushed and held , other wise as soon as you let go of the pushbutton the waterflow stops
A couple of days ago the En-suite one now does the same

The bathroom cistern was changed to the max flow when installed, the En-Suite left at factory settings

Any ideas why this may have happened and if a failing component or adjustment needed.

cheers

Sponsored Links
No, just change the bellows. Google cistern push buttons. Of course it could be the hoses on the back are no longer air tight in which case just cut 10mm off each and re attach.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I will look into the leads, I assume the bellows means replacing the Syphon part , which just turns out from the cistern

Press buttons> bellows compress> sends air down tubes> flush valve opens> water goes in to pan.
Based on picture in the link that you supplied.

Yes, 2 Tubes, one a shorter flash and then press 2 longer flush , in the past , Push in and release and the flush carried on , now release flush stops immediately

I got a couple of push buttons and syphons from the shop i purchased all the gear from.
One of the units was due to the syphon , replaced and working now.
the other toilet , removing all the kit, cleaning etc , checking all the pipe work and reseating , seems to have cured the issue, working OK

EDIT - ignore following , a lot of cleaning and new washer, looks like its sorted - BUT in a hard water area, and these installed after Easter 2019, so not as good as the old toilets that had been there over 25years !!!!!

Only issue is the toilet has a slight leak into the pan.
Water level about 15mm below the overflow. I have replaced the drop valve washer , but the new one seems thinner.
cleaned it all OUT , checked the way the unit works , and its just the weight of water and on the valve part that holds the plunger down to deal, I had thought there would be some sort of baynet that held down, but I had a spare baynet as well and nothing holds the valve/washer down on the seal.
Replacing the seal washer, does not seem to have stopped a very slow leak, add toilet paper across the back of toilet and its fully wet in about 20mins

Attachments

• 1 - 1 (2).jpeg
    1 - 1 (2).jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back