New rimless toilet weakest flush ever

i fitted a rimless toilet , with a screwfix cistern - made sure it was on maximum water - had 3 choices 4l,6l set to 6l (in fact i think this had 9L as it was a replacement.
and the cistern is as low as it can go
and works fine
had issues with another toilet - paper not flushing - and that was because the waste went uphill by about 40mm - and was all siliconed , before going into a soli pipe

had to put on plinth - on another post

all confort height toilets and 2 rimless of 3

whats the waste pipe doing???

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cistern flush

I've unlocked the file - apologies. To me the water doesn't flow away quickly - but I'm no expert!

Is it usual for water to come back up the overflow pipe when the flush is pressed? Also those big glugs of air coming into the cistern?

The manufacturer has sent me something - so i need to check this too. See pic.

Attachments

• image (8).png
    image (8).png
    872.4 KB · Views: 67
I tell you, these manufacturers need to stop ordering crap from China, why change the design of the flush pipe cone, it's just not needed, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the black ones that are always fitted, why then supply something that has the potential to be fitted in the wrong way!!! And the line saying that most flush pipes can be removed without moving the pan is just, excuse the pun, a complete pile of crap too.

I have no experience with rimless pans. Is it possible that the flush pipe could be inserted too far into the pan, restricting flow? Does a flush pipe horizontal section ever need shortening?

Sponsored Links
I have filmed the flush operating and there seems to be a lot of gurgling and bubbles going on - not sure what that means.

That, suggests to me, that the end of the flush is restricted in some way. Water is going down the flush pipe, but because the bottom end has some restriction, air has to be expelled in part back up the flush pipe.

I've had this check to do back from the pan manufacturer. Unfortunately I can only check this by removing the pipe which probably means dismantling the panelling and cutting into the concealment.

This would certainly explain the issue!

Attachments

• image (8).png
    image (8).png
    872.4 KB · Views: 35
Unfortunately I can only check this by removing the pipe which probably means dismantling the panelling and cutting into the concealment
Nope .... unscrew the pan from the floor fixing kit and pull the pan out, much easier.
most flush pipes can be removed without moving the pan is just, excuse the pun, a complete pile of crap too.
hence the comment above

I have discovered and fixed the issue to the weak flush. Water flush inlet pipe was blocked with silicone sealant in back of pan. The flush is now working perfectly.

Sadly, even after sending pictures - the fitter still would not accept responsibility saying it was down to the products we purchased.

Pictures and link to flush below.

NEW RIMLESS FLUSH FIXED

20231227_154633.jpg20231227_155804.jpg

Thank you to all those who helped me get to the solution.

From the previous pics and these it looks like he didn't use a flush pipe bung at all.
Hope you're leaving a review and going through the sites complaints procedure..

Glad you got it sorted.

Oh dear, no getting away with that one, that's absolutely ridiculous, how can he not own up to that!!

Ask him why he used any silicone when fitting the flush cone, on a new install it just isn't needed. If the flush (edit) cone wasn't fitting properly then he needed to discuss that with you and go through options, it's not difficult. I think you need to be firm with him and just tell him there's no point in him disagreeing, it's obvious he was at fault and there's no point in arguing. Really obvious that it's absolutely nothing to do with the products.

My other concern though is, if that's how bad a job he's done with such a simple job as that, what's the rest like.

Last edited:
My other concern though is, if that's how bad a job he's done with such a simple job as that, what's the rest like.

That was my exact thought!!

It might help others if you tell us who the plumber is...

If he was an actual plumber?
M&R Building Joinery & Maintenance (we're in Blackpool).

I haven't found much about them online! My elderly father engaged them after they responded to a post your requirement website for tradesman to bid on. They insisted we purchase everything and the charge was £4k for all labour. TBH the rest of the (visible) installation is excellent. Good finish and aesthetics, with perfect sealant lines, etc. It was just the toilet flush, and he showed his true colours regarding fixing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back