Comfort LEDs on Bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time for a quick straw poll.....

Fitting a pair of new bell boxes (both live, no dummies).

Should I activate the 'comfort LEDs'?

Most of the big national security company boxes that I see don't have these comfort LEDs, so do they make the boxes look like DIY/Dummies/fakes?

(by 'comfort LEDs' I mean those alternate flashing LEDs that can be seen on many external bell boxes. These flash 24/7. I don't mean an LED which is only lit when the many is set)

Sponsored Links
Probably because most of ADT bell boxes are just empty boxes, I don't know of any bell box that indicates the alarm being set ! The led's are there as a deterrent so I would make use of that !

Probably because most of ADT bell boxes are just empty boxes, I don't know of any bell box that indicates the alarm being set ! The led's are there as a deterrent so I would make use of that !

But I guess that's sorta my point.... the dummies seem to be the ones that have the (battery powered) LEDs. Even the ADT boxes that I see on non-domestic premises (which I assume are real) don't have the flashing LEDs.

I agree about LEDs indicating alarm set, that would be daft, but I have read discussions on hear along those lines.

Just putting up my honeywell bell box with comfort leds and will be leaving them on.
Should indicate its a real system and if they could be /were only turned on when the system was activated it would be a give away for any intruder.

Fitting window vibration sensors and they also have comfort leds, will be leaving them on too.

The other point, should you put a ADT or similar sticker on the bell box , as sparkyM says many ADT are fake, which the thieves know as well as you or I .. but alternative labels around

Attachments

• 000443.jpg
    000443.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 000442.jpg
    000442.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 000441.jpg
    000441.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 149
Sponsored Links
intruder.
Fitting window vibration sensors and they also have comfort leds, will be leaving them on too.
They are not be comfort leds.

They are not be comfort leds.

Ah, should have said the vib sensors are the Texecom ones as they are the only ones the local dealer stocks.
Perhaps the HW Viper does not have a comfort led ?
Will have to ask the dealer why they do not stock the vipers, as they seem to do most other HW parts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back