Commercial Door Liners and Carpets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

looking for suggestions to do this job most simply.

I will be fitting door liners in rooms which will eventually have carpet.

Clearly door liners go to the floor, but commercially available liners are sized exactly to the door so they just skim the floor surface. So - I cannot fit them without guaranteeing I must cut a big chunk off the bottom of the door to fit the carpet (they’re fire doors, so clearly that doesn’t make sense)

Do I have to make my own liners to make them the height I want whilst retaining the full door height? (Pain)

What do you do in this circumstance chaps?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sponsored Links
Commercial doorsets tend to be bespoke and designed for the application - ie if need be, longer jambs to allow for any threshold - which would typically mean being fire compliant and a shorter door blank

Hi Woody, nice to see you again :)

I am not fitting a commercial Door set . I am putting in FD30 doors which are not supplied with a specific jamb. I will be fitting the relevant smoke and intumescent strips, hinge locks fittings etc to whatever liner set I install. This is not my concern, I am confident and capable to do this.

The doors have not been supplied with a liner. Commercially available standard fire door liners are made for standard doors to fit tight to the floor.

Am I missing something obvious here, is there an easier way to do this than just fabricate them myself?

I have just worked it out for myself. I will buy linings designed for 2040 doors (mine are standard U.K. size) and cut them to the length required.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you are fitting fire doors, then you must use the lining as specified by the door manufacturer, else they can't be certified.

If these linings do not have the required tolerance for the carpet, then you really need to contact the door manufacturer for guidance.

You should not be fitting a door set that is not certified or compliant.

If standard linings are suitable, then you would just reduce a larger lining set.

Dealing with door liners and carpet can be tricky. I remember when I faced a similar dilemma in my home renovation project.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back