Allowing for door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building a timber frame office and I need to build an opening for my door, i'm happy with how to do this but am unsure what to door about floor heights and where the internal flooring should end...

If I omit the floor plate from the door opening, what do I do about the internal floor? Door I:

a) run it over the timber base and out to the external edge of the door opening, get the door fitting then carpet over the top

or b)

do I get the door fitted in the opening first then run the floor up to the door frame then carpet over the top?

or c) none of the above

i've included a picture of option B to try and illustrate the question... I guess my main worry about running the flooring out it what stops the floor getting when and drawing in water?

Sponsored Links
You need an external grade door frame. These are available in open in or open out form and have a weather bar set in the cill, the door has to be rebated over the bar and a weather board fitted to the outside. The carpet should run up to the cill.

ah, thanks, I figured the UPVC door cam complete with frame, cill and weather board...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back