Commisioning boilers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are peoples views on commisioning other peoples installations. I've been asked to do it and they want it certified. Trouble is the work looks crap. I don't want CORGi (nazi) comming down on me. I don't think it's worth it at any cost. What do U guys think? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
My advise is DONT

why should some one pay some one else plumbers rates for a CORGI job.

Also unless you have done every little bit of an install how do you know its done right

and one last thing Its my understanding of Gas Safety Installation and use Regs that only a Proven competent Installer may install gas pipes and appliances

Personally, I agree with corgiman.

I tell people NO, and if they beg I tell them I will charge their installation costs purely to commision it.

Not that I would even if they agreed.

They dont ask again though.

David

I will not commission work installed without building control or self certification. I will however treat the boiler as a normal service exercise so it gets set up, as I don't know when it was put in, do I?

Sponsored Links
Good point that oilman

but most clients are wanting you to commision it for BENCHMARK and the gas notification doo dar

sod em i say

Everyone who is registered knows that you are NOT allowed to Certificate a boiler that you have not installed.

You ARE permitted to commission it and issue a Gas Safety
Certificate.

The real problem is that there are Third World registered people who WILL Certificate boilers fitted by their countrymen!

The real CRIMINAL is CORGI who refuse to investigate these situations because the Owner will not report them. Since they are saving thousands by using unregistered installers thats not surprising!

I once went to repair a boiler which had an LSC issued by a Third World RGI who issued it when the boiler was faulty and THERE WAS NO GAS SUPPLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you are right thou tony CORGI is just a little yappy dog no teeth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back