Compact Fluorescents downlighters and the wattages?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ive got a few question here,

The compact fluorescents downlighers at the moment have 26w in them, is it possible to change them for a higher wattage? because the light from them is very poor, and what is the highest wattage u get of these 4pins lamps?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
the unit inside will have the rating stamped on it, it is unlikely to run larger than 26 watt and any larger lamp would possibly not fit in the lampholder anyway.
You could try an 840 colour lamp or a 865 colour

the unit inside will have the rating stamped on it, it is unlikely to run larger than 26 watt and any larger lamp would possibly not fit in the lampholder anyway.
You could try an 840 colour lamp or a 865 colour

Yea? i assume these lights dont get much bigger than 26watts yea?

and the bigger the wattage i take it the lamps will be alot bigger too?

so is it better to get something with like a cool light or something yea?

thanks.

You get 42 watt but the unit has to be rated to run that size.

the lampholder bit looks similar but the grooves limit the size of lamp that pushes in it,

what lamp colour code are you using now

Sponsored Links
You get 42 watt but the unit has to be rated to run that size.

the lampholder bit looks similar but the grooves limit the size of lamp that pushes in it,

what lamp colour code are you using now

ok yea, and is 42watts the highest you can get with this kind off light yea?

well the packet says its 26 watts lumens 1710lm?? can you get higher than this?

cheers

840 is cool white to me the brightest, next is 865 daylight but i personally think there not as bright just a different tint of colour really

840 is cool white to me the brightest, next is 865 daylight but i personally think there not as bright just a different tint of colour really

ah right grand so u reckon probably just keep them cool white then yea?

Check the unit inside i it may be rated also up to 32 watt.

26 and 32 watt use the same G24q-3 lampholder,

The 32 watt is usually fatter but if there is room in the fitting and the unit suitable to run it, may possibly able to try them.

Personally yes, 840 is brightest colour

ah right grand yea, and then there is bigger wattages as well but the holder wont take it yea?

Either the fitting will not take the larger rating, or the internal electrics will not be able to handle the higher wattage lamp = the lamp will not light up.

hello i was replacing one of the lamps today in the cfl light fitting and the two lamps inside one was 2pin and the 1 next to it was 4pin and the light itself was emergency light, but the 4pin lamp wouldnt work unless the power was switched off to it, does that mean this is a non-maintained light fitting? because the lamp switchs on and off ok with the others lights?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back